Worst Place You've Ever Been

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YouFreeMe, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Damn, looks like that place got bombed!

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i missed out on those, because i was stuck growing up out in the boonies, where it was safe to go for long walks by myself, in real very nearly complete, wilderness.
    so i'm not saying my childhood and adolescence didn't have its compensations. it was because i had no other means, as i've explained why elsewhere, of escaping the draft,
    that i joined the air force. and i have almost no complaints about my experiences in it.
    (and without the v.a. i'd probably be dead on the street somewhere instead of this rented room and on this computer)

yes america's involvement in viet nam was absolutely morally wrong, and well deserved the ignomy of defeat it thus earned. that people with only a tiny fraction of its resources,
    that by their own efforts against impossible odds, managed to win their emancipation as a nation, from the internatinal uber alis of little green pieces of paper.

all that included, the worst time in my life have always been, and not all of those times have, but the worst of them have always been, when i was stuck with having to live,
    with any other humans calling the same house home. and yes that includes with my parents growing up.

the one exception was a house shared by seven and at times eight, people, who had in common the interest, of what is called furry.
    the other kind of exception, kind of because the shelters were seperate, so we were not living under a single roof,
    on a piece of land, that was more like a rez then the romantic image of a commune,
    i still kind of think it kind of halfway was, one of those mini-rez they call rancharias,
    that i had no blood right to even be there, but i was invited to and did for a couple of years, so that was the one only other,
    two all together, good experiences i've had with shared life.

come to think of it, make that three. the thirteen years, fifteen if you count when we furst got together, until she died of c.o.p.d.
    just ten year ago, that i was married and lived with a wife. that was neither horrible nor great. just mostly but not always ok.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’m pretty sure PR will confirm Rochester, New York isn’t exactly the garden spot of America

[​IMG]

Homeless encampment

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I didn’t mind Rochester...

5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Jack Benny's sidekick ???

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

would people actually tear things up and pile up garbage and live in it, if governments didn't deny them the right to build decent but outside of code and unpermited shelters?

that this has NOT always been thus, i highly suspect perhaps not.

i can think of all sorts of lovely things i could do with trashed out sites, just on my tiny pension and using what nature gives for free, and people throw away,
    if i wasn't prevented by the requirement to indenture myself to the worship of little green pieces of paper to do so, and the knowledge of the likelihood,
    a near inevitability, that the government would come along and tear it down, or if not a government, some fascist punk kid, believing he was doing the world a favor.