Worst Place You've Ever Been

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YouFreeMe, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Vegas is the worst place I've never been to.Just sounds like totally not my scene.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

and i thought primm was only a town in fallout NV.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Been there when I was 17 or so and loved it. Probably wouldn't enjoy it much now.

4. nz male

nz male Senior Member

In my home during a big earthquake & not knowing if the house is about to collapse.

5. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I was also 18 when I went there. I thought the place was horrible, but I suppose people don't go there for the beaches or the peace anyways :-D
    I wanted to go to Greece instead, but I was outvoted.

6. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grh0tlJtViw"]Australia in 2 Minutes - YouTube

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

LOVED Boulder. You are right though, it does have an air of phoniness to it. I get the sense that it used to be special, but now takes itself too seriously. Still beautiful though. Also love how they preserve open spaces.

8. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

In 1980 I lived on University Ave in Boulder- - It was great - way different then. Yes , its become loaded with lot of a pretentious yuppie phonies- -

Before Mork and Mindy arrived it was a terrific place

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I see you left the love out? :p

Depending on where you go in Greece you might encounter the same kind of spectacle by the way :sunny:

10. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

I'm a Connecticut resident and native. By all means, one of the worst I've seen is the north end of Hartford, even in broad daylight. Frog Hollow, Park Street, etc. Not good. It also costs a lot to live in this state.

Camden, NJ, which is across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, is another area I've passed through and not feeling safe doing so. I've done so on a Greyhound/Peter Pan bus, PATCO train and on foot over the Ben Franklin Bridge.

Newport, RI, although not for safety reasons, is a hoity-toity money town. I was there on a day trip in 2004 and haven't been back since.

Reading, PA is absolutely dead on a Sunday, having that nice ghetto feel to it. Go just two miles west over the Schuylkill River into Wyomissing and is improves pretty quick.

Maine has its faults too, especially in the winter. The beaches are nice...IF you don't mind a shitload of Canadian tourists, mostly from Quebec. If you don't speak French in Old Orchard Beach during the summer, you're pretty much done. Ha ha!

In total, I've been to 18 states and Washington DC. I've been to major cities like Chicago and Tampa. I've also been to the RDU airport area near Raleigh, NC. Remind me to skip that area if Sunday is the full day there. The fucking cabbie wanted $27 to take a trip into the capital. Um...no! Columbus, OH would've been better if I didn't have to walk from their downtown to the airport (CMH). I though I was going to get mugged or collapse of heat stroke from walking like 6 miles. NEVER AGAIN!

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

When I was a little kid we visited some relatives in the South Bronx;
    I still remember the dystopian landscape :eek:
    .....that of course was well before Detroit took over the reigns as the most beautiful city in america [​IMG]

[​IMG]

hotwater

12. DrewSpeaksTrue

DrewSpeaksTrue Member

lewiston maine is the worst place i have ever lived but ive been pretty lucky, now i live on the edge of the bad neighborhood instead of directly in it lol.

13. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

They had a rash of fires in the spring, too. I've only passed through that city once, but have never been into the downtown area. Wells was fairly safe, just boring when I lived there in the 1970s. Old Orchard Beach likely would've had more crime, since it's a resort town.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’ve only driven through Cleveland OH but I’m guessing the same neighborhood that produced Ariel Castro and his neighbor Elias Acevedo who was charged on Thursday with the murder of two women and the rape of two young girls isn’t exactly the garden spot of america :(

Hotwater

15. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

a porta potty

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You don't go in there until you are happy there actually is one :D

17. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Hey Hey Now- -I was born and raised in the S Bronx...be nice:)
    Ok- that a long time ago- we moved when I was 14(around 1964) to the North Bronx- The South Bronx was OK- until the mid 60,s- -then it became the poster city for urban decay

18. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

A hot humid jungle....

19. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I was in a homeless shelter in the Bankhead area of ATL for a while, which is one of the worst areas of the city. Witnessed daily robberies and was always hearing gunshots. Lots of good people there though.

20. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

Pretty cool you been to Reading! That's pretty much my hometown (I lived in the suburbs of it) It has a very high crime rate and was one of the worst crime cities in the country. Though, West Reading (which is technically not in the city but right outside of it) is very nice. Lots of nice shops, restaurants, parks, etc.. But yeah, the city of Reading is pretty shitty.