Worldwide march against monsanto

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Glasshopper, May 22, 2013.

1. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

Saturday, May 25th, 2013

http://monsantomarch.org/
    https://www.************/MarchAgainstMonstanto

Already in the US there is enough backlash to fight the monsanto protection act. If you dont know it allows them to sell and plant gmo seeds without approval (snuck into a sequester bill by obama) as well as grant them immunity no matter how much damage they do. Its official title is

“farmer assurance provision.”

http://grist.org/news/could-the-monsanto-protection-act-get-repealed/

Time to keep the momentum and protest the lack of labeling of gmo foods.
    Even IF you believe eating bt toxins gene spliced into the food poses no harm you can not deny that people deserve to make that choice for themselves.

2. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

I agree! I'm looking forward to the march.

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Bravo for the enlightened. No cons on this thread.

4. Glasshopper

5. Glasshopper

More than a million people participated word wide and right now it is the #1 thing being talked about on twitter.

Did ANYBODY else here go?

6. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

I did got burned. There will be many more marches I'm sure. It's strange that the news is completely ignoring it too. Only a few references to this worldwide march. It's like they want to keep it quiet.

7. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Well crap. I totally missed this. :S

8. Glasshopper

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah, I would have actually liked to go. Been reading a bunch about it lately and will check out any future ones.

10. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I think I would have liked to have gone , but I knew nothing about it . The local t.v. sure did not cover it . I wunder who is paying there bills ?

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Gee, yea, I wonder who owns the news. Hmmmm... ;)

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

all of you smoke gmo weed...every single pot head on this site smokes genetically modified dope

why is it different when it comes to soybeans?

its not different

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I don't think so.
    There is a big difference between selective breeding to establish a new strain of a plant and introducing genes that produce proteins that never were present in the plant naturally.

Although not food, more or less, they have managed to introduce the genes responsible for making the proteins for spider silk into sheep and then can extract spider silk protein from the goat's milk and it can be used to produce fibers exactly like spider silk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUZdwbmeoY"]Bulletproof Skin (Spider Silk made from Goat's Milk) - YouTube
    That creeps me out a lot more.

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I personally am tested too often and can't smoke weed and I don't really know if that statement is true or not.. you'd think if you grow it yourself it wouldn't be gmo or that you could make sure of where you're getting it just like you can buy food labeled "anti GMO project"... but in any case, poison is poison are gmo's are another poison we are being given. Without even having to be told.

15. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Guess what?

Monsanto controls American politics. Globally, the American government is working hard to deregulate the sale of GMO's; and locally, Monsanto is working hard to protect corporations who use Genetically Modified crops from public scrutiny.

This should prove that politicians don't give a fuck about the citizens. Think about it; This is like putting Research Chemicals in our food...

And if you think that statement was over the top, sadly, you're putting too much faith in Government. The effects of these GE and GMOs (much like RC) are widely unknown. There is also some studies that show a huge increase in liver toxicity in rats after ingesting GMOs-- But the Government is not concerned enough to even label GMO's, and let people decide for themselves.

Because Monsanto is government approved population control. They don't care if they legalize Research Chemicals that cause deceases, disablity and, death because, this is part of a broader plan to keep population low for the "greater good." (The good of the 1%)

16. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I don't think that's true at all. I think the good weed comes from people reapplying THC into it; I've seen it done before. GMO's are more like pesticides/herbicides that farmers spray on their crops. Alot of Marijuana farmers, in contrast, try to use natural and non-toxic means like Oxygen, to take care of pests.

17. Glasshopper

Good question, as far as I am aware it truly is a grass roots effort but i will look into that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkt6zvHw89Y"]March Against Monsanto - Photos From Around the World - May 25, 2013 - YouTube

18. Glasshopper

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah, all that is why I said Monsanto and gmo's are one of the ways we are being poisoned by the government.

20. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Exactly! It's another way to kill us (other than the Military, bad pharmaceuticals and, excessive police force to non-violent crimes!) But now we also have poison in our food and water supply.

I would +Rep you but it says some shit about "spreading it around."