World War III?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Angel_Headed_Hipster, Sep 3, 2004.

1. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

So every denomination but pentacostals are the anti-christs? This is a yes/no question by the way.

If no, then explain.

And all people who are not a literalist are going to hell? This is a yes/no question also. If no explain.

Im glad you find someone making light of your ignorance amusing.

2. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

God has given us the ability to reason but there are things in scripture that will not be understood without God pointing them out to you first. And it is at those times when the pins and needles go up your spine that you understand that God just showed you something. It's at those times you realize that knowledge just flowed into your head that did not arrive there by your own wisdom. I recall a time when I was working the 4 to 12 shift and I was on my way home just praying to God and thanking Him for my life when that kind of knowledge flowed in to my mind. It was a simple thought but it stated that your wife is going to have a child. I told the Lord we had not considered having another one but I thanked Him for the child He was sending us. I went home and my wife was sleeping. I leaned against the door and said to myself my poor wife she is pregnant and doesen't even know it. I went to bed then and my wife got up about three hours later very sick and very pregnant. That was Gods Holy Spirit that revealed that to me, and that is how He works. Jesus is truly a God of wonder. Trying to understand the mysteries of the bible without the Holy Spirit is very frustrating. The Holy Spirit is our teacher.

3. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

Well over the last few years the photo copies of the scrolls have been released and there are copies a plenty. Some of the scrolls themselves were here in Chicago just about two years ago but I was unable to see them because of my job. Yet if you wanted to see copies of them it is no longer a big thing.

4. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Just like pedofile priests, tv evangelists with sex scandals, and random other things that go on behind closed doors in the world of religious denominations, some pentecostals also have their own place in the world of false prophets.

There is a Pentecostal church around here... Gossipers, backstabbers, strife within the congregation, and plenty more. False prophets are everywhere, in every demonination, in every little nook and cranny of the earth. Satan masqueredes as an angel, and plenty of so-called religious folks follow in his footsteps as wolves in sheeps clothing. Without the Holy Ghost, it's easy to be swayed into anything. If the Lord's presence doesn't dwell inside of you, then you can be listening to a wolf dressed up nicely on Sunday morning, and not even be aware.

I wasn't born into a Pentecostal family. I was raised Catholic, exposed to Lutheranism, and Mainstream Christianity. Each one of these religions had their own message, their own interpretation of what they think believe they should do. I don't want man's interpretation, I want God's. I want to be a Christian by Christ's standards, not by the standards of a man wearing a suit, or a robe, or telling me something that does not line up with the Bible. That is what mainstream religion is.

Everyone is talking about World Word III, but few know what is actually going to happen. It will be mainstream, "religion", that plays a part in the end, and the same spirit that has been decieving believers since Christ died and the apostles spread his message, is the same spirit that will lead the world into the end and it's own destruction.

5. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Awesome testimony. Other than JD4U, how many children do you have now? Just two?

6. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

It's a shame how some religious people act. Stuck up and judgemental. They make it obvious that they think themselves better, what lot's of people like to call the "holier-than-thou" attitude (people didn't come up with the phrase for no reason). Those are the qualities that keep the religion from spreading, so when all of you are whining about how christianity is losing ground in thie world, you can take a good look in the mirror and know exactly who to blame.

7. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

So some pentacostals are bad, great, but that was an obvious dodge of the question. What about all non-pentacostals, i.e. the overwhelming majority of people on this planet.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

8. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Well, by the revivals going on around the world, the missionaries and evangelists that are coming back with good news about how many people heard the message where they were, and how many people were baptized and recieved the Holy Spirit, I am seeing more people coming to Christ than falling away.

The only sad thing is the people who have faith, they really love the Lord, yet they are being led by a false spirit that sugar coats Christianity. That is the entire point I have been trying to make. Jesus never candy coated anything. He was very blunt with his comments. He called many people out, saying there were hypocrites and liars. When he came in contact with a false teacher, he made mention of it. However, mainstream faiths wants to say, "As long as you know who Jesus is, then you have nothing to worry about." The Bible doesn't say that, and if someone goes against what the word says, then they are not of Christ.

Negative Rep Comment: "Jesus talked about people like you, people who like to talk it up and pretend to do special works in his name".

Interesting how I was just called judgemental, yet, now I recieve a rep comment by someone who is being judgemental. Double standards are never good.

Didn't someone just point out in a post in the Christinanity forum about the Lord saying not to shove the works you do in other people's faces? I do not make a list of religious acts that I do and then go around and tell everyone. That is only for God, myself, and the person/person(s) on the recieving end to know, (and depending on the situation, sometimes I prefer to even keep it a secret to that person). No gift is any more special than another.

Either someone does works (joyfully, not out of obligation) or they do not. Pretending would only catch up with them after awhile.

9. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

its interesting how you try to justify being judgemental, and not answer my yes or no questions, With a Yes or No. Simple directions.

10. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Drew, I like your posts, generally, and just wanted to let you know that I think you have a pretty compassionate, logical outlook, which I admire and respect. I've run into this challenge with other members, and even after 3 attempts, I got the run around and no Y or N answer. Not with Ephiphany, just to make that clear, but with certain other members.

The bible says not to make a show of your faith, not to worship in public, but at home, in private, since our relationship with God is personal. The other point that many Christians I meet forget is that Jesus wasn't a Christian. He was a Jewish Rabbi, and though he criticized the leaders and certain policies, he did not ever quit.

Epiphany:
    Like I said, he did not intend for Christianity to branch off in several directions. That is why the verse says, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called. One Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Ephesians 4:5)

I contend that He did not intend for Christianity period.

11. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

I have 2, one daughter and one son, and they both know and love the Lord.

12. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Glad to hear it :)

13. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

Epiphany, don't worry about them calling you judgemental. I have heard that judgemental crap for years. Anytime a Christian expresses their faith, the world rushes up to them and calls them judgemental. It's just another way these people try to intimidate Christians from expressing their faith. What they really can't stand is the person behind your words, Jesus Christ. That is the one they really hate. And if they tell you differently their lieing. Their whole lives are dedicated to opposeing the truth because of the darkness of their souls. These people support everything the bible opposes. They can't see God's glory, and they don't want to, because it exposes their sins. They are like the walking dead. No hope, no future, just haters of the light that Jesus has given us. Keep up the good work Epiphany.

14. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Thank you Campbell. I appreciate you taking the time out to post that.

You too :)

15. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

Jesus was never an official Jewish Rabbi, for He was never trained in the temple as a priest. A Rabbi was considered a teacher of the law, which Jesus was, and even at the age of 12 He knew more about the law than the temple priest. Jesus was not only a follower of the Jewish faith, He was the Jewish Faith. Jesus was the one who spoke the world into existance, He created the heavens above. The Jews left their faith when they rejected Christ. And Jesus never said to Hide in our house an live secrete Jewish lives. Jesus told us to go out into all the world, teaching and preaching to all people, telling all who will listen that Christ has come to save.
    The Pharisees use to stand out in the streets and they would pray aloud so all the people could see and hear them. Jesus knew they were doing this for a big show, and that is why Jesus said they should pray in their closets, so when they pray in secrete they would receive glory from God and not of men. Jesus said that before He would return to this earth, that His gospel would be heard around the world. And you are right God never intended for Christianity to branch of in several different directions, He knew it would branch of in 10,000 different directions because it is the power of God. Christianity is not a religion it is a faith that is found in many Christian religions. And the God of the bible can see who are the faithful in those religions. And if you contend that Jesus did not intend for a Christian period, then you know nothing about the bible. JOHN 14:6 JESUS SAITH UNTO HIM, I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE: NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME.

16. Jozak

Jozak Member

A true follower of Christ does not conduct themselves the way certain people who claim they are , "Filled with the holy ghost" do, obviously, and it does not take a bio-chemist to figure that much out. You will notice people like this on the forum, mainly when they debate other people about Christianty, they A) do not answere and dodge questions, B) think everyone but their group is going to hell, and C) cannot even hold up an intelligent debate, and you really do see their arguements fall a part piece by piece, and D) They know their beliefs are not holding much water, so they, oh wait that is right, dodge questions.
    If anyone wants details, Id be more than happy to provide you with a link to them! As it is I won't mention any names, but we all know by now I think.

I am Catholic and I have no beef with other denominations, and if you want to talk to some great Christians on here who although disagree with my religion, are still great Christians, talk to someone like Bree, go in her Christian forum and talk about things. Fortunently these people like I mentioned above are a minority, and confined to the US mostly, as I live in the US and am from Europe. I love the US with all of my heart and could not ask for a better place to live, but these people are what partially give us, Americans, and Christians, a negative view around the world. And if anyone wants to talk to me, I get a ton of PM's everyday from people curious about Christianity and the Catholic faith, I would be more than glad to talk to any of you all, that is how you show people you are a Christian, by your actions, not your words, even as simple as saying you would be happy to talk to them about anything, even if they are Hindu, Muslim, whatever, it does not matter.

If you have a question about someone's faith, ask someone who is. If you have a question about being Mormon, ask a mormon. If you have a question about Catholicism, ask me--etc. etc.

REMEMBER THIS:
    Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, "Lord, Lord did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you, 'Depart from Me, you who practice Lawlessness." Matthew 7:21-23.

17. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

"If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to the Christ." (Romans 8:9)

"Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." (Romans 8:14)

"No one can say, Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit." (1 Corinthians 12:3)

First and foremost, Jesus declared you MUST be baptized by both the water and the Spirit to enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Doesn't matter what race, what status, what age, or what denomination. It wasn't a Pentecostal pastor who sat around and made this up. If the almighty God says you must do something, that means do it

People like myself, Campbell, JesusDied4U, and others don't come on these boards to argue. (though it seems to turn out that way). Anyone who reads the Bible should know that Jesus has called his people to spread his truth. He told the apostles, the apostles told us. A church leader could sit and say, "Forget about you, I won't let you in on God's truth, you can all go to hell." Yet, he doesn't say that because he cares about God's people. We don't come on here to be condeming, we come here to spread God's message. Somethings about Christinaity may seem blunt or harsh.. but the only one who sugar coats things, is the devil. Candy kisses won't save souls.

If someone doesn't share God's word with others, but is only concerned about their own salvation and needs, they have no favor in the eyes of God. That goes in hand with the passage that says what good is loving someone who already loves you. It is greater to love those who hate you.

Jesus could have just as easily said, "I don't feel like dying for these people who hate me." Yet, he didn't. His lover is greater than anything anyone will ever experience in their entire lives.

I've been to Catholic, Christian, and Lutheran churches. I have studied their theology. I know some people in all of those denominations that are more fake than silicon. Yet, I also know some who are devout. The problem is that many of them are not being lead by the Spirit, many do not have it. Without God's spirit, walking around in our mortal bodies are like walking around in a dead carcass. God's presence is his breath of life. If God does not dwell inside someone, they do not really know him. That is why his promise was so important when he told the apostles in Acts to wait for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I have not said anyone was evil... I have not said anyone was stupid. I have only said what the Bible says. Not my words, but his.

18. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

Damn I wish I wasn't an athiest so I could complain about people being judgemental and then turn around and say things like this.

19. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

What is the main point of this verse..... why is God telling the people to depart from him?

20. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

If he was never a Rabbi, your precious bible tells the same lie that he was three times! If it is the word of God, and he was not, then is God lying?

In Psalms it says we're all Gods. I never was able to interpret the John 14:6 verse to mean go found a completely new church that worships me.
    I will go find the verse that I am pretty sure says something about him not wanting to do that exact thing, actually. I could be wrong.