Working naked.

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Gerald, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Gerald

Gerald Member

Has anyone here worked naked, either in employment or in a voluntary way. Here in NZ there is a scheme just set up which advertises naked jobs, and those seeking naked work. There are handful of vacancies and a handful of registrants. I have been able to get some unpaid work gardening at a sun club outside the scheme though I am registered. Naked work, and general nudity, was once relatively common in NZ at rural hippy communities and several become widely known on that basis alone. Renaisance, near Nelson, in NZ's South Island, is one example and in fact promoted nudity. This was an anarchist (anarchist in the political sense) community. The community has changed its name to Graham Downs, is still there, but has moved away from its hippy origins. Tasks such as gardening and washing in its hey day (the 1970s) were done naked, but the emphasis was on being naked, rather than working naked. It was not uncommon, in summertime, for a visitor to be greeted by a naked resident or to find a group working in the garden naked. Rennaissance is unusual in another respect. This is its trust deed. The document allowed and allows anyone to settle there.

2. ganesha1967

ganesha1967 barefoot bellybearer

I have been working in the nude when doing some home office stuff, like preparing reports or doing translations for my employer... however, since I live naked at home, that doesn't really count as a naked work life, but just spreads out my private naturism to the field of office work.

Hiring nude or nudist employees was done in the Netherlands in the last century :) (around the 1990s), when a call center in Rotterdam was searching for nudists who might be interested to work in the nude. Quite a nice idea, to have relaxed people sitting at the phone when processing complaints or doing tech support, or the like.

Wiggling bare toes,

~*Ganesha*~

3. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Like Ganesha I occaisionally work from home and in the buff.

4. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

I work naked in my studio as a photographer, and also bushwalk naked to places of interest to photograph, chiefly rainforests. I have gone on naked forays along the Farewell Spit of NZ's South Island, waterfalls in The Catlins and part of the Milford Track (until the weathe turned from naked-friendly to bluntly bloody cold!). Sounds like a wonderful outlet nudists can tap into if they enjoy working naked. I'm going to investigate as I have a trip to New Zealand later this year, though unfortunately not in summer.

5. Gerald

Gerald Member

6. jackier

jackier Member

I work at a health food store so unfortunately, I can't work in the nude. However, many of my co-workers are nudist as well as some of the clientele.

1 person likes this.
  7. ganesha1967

THANKS very much for the link... another reason for me to start saving money on moving to NZ at some point!! Barefoot and nude paradise... my kinda place to go to!
    :2thumbsup::sunny:

An addition:
    On another forum, based on the movie Avatar, I've just read, that James Cameron is planning to move there... Perhaps he'll offer barefoot and naturist jobs, too. Now that would be even cooler - being a barefoot naturist, helping in returning to Pandora!
    [​IMG]

Wiggling bare toes,

~*Ganesha*~

8. Gerald

Gerald Member

Is James Cameron a naturist?

9. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I have delivered pizza nude before..

jonyoungau likes this.
  10. ganesha1967

I dunno... but his latest inventions practically are barefoot naturists (literally, even being able to establish a plug-n-play connection to Nature Herself, a.k.a. Eywa, via their ponytails). Those loincloths were just for the cameras' sakes.
    [​IMG]

The Na'vi, being an extraterrestrial indigenous population similar to tribes like the Sng'oi*) or the Fayu **) on Earth, have a natural innocence, as far as the human (or, in case of the Na'vi: humanoid) body is concerned. We tend to romanticize that, but it's true, nonetheless. Just google the three tribes' names - yes, the Na'vi, too - and look at the pictures linked there... Lean back, have a coffee and browse the beautiful images there.

I would guess that Cameron is a closet nudist. He likes to show nudity in his movies. I mean, aside from Neytiri, think of Arnold fully nude in The Terminator... that was nude, alright.

Wiggling bare toes,

~*Ganesha*~ , currently :sifone:, therefore feeling quite :hurray:
    --
    :daisy:(bare)footnotes:
    *) featured in Robert Wolff's Original Wisdom, Malay native tribe;
    **) Natives of West-Papua, featured by Sabine Kuegler in her autobiography Jungle Child (book & film)

11. jonyoungau

jonyoungau Members

Normally its the other way around. But good for you.

12. Nakedwalker

Nakedwalker Members

With my job I am able to “work from home” 2 or 3 days per week..... usually totally nude. Wife is SOOO envious!!

beachwalker likes this.
  13. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

I work as a masseur and perform many of my massages with both myself and my client in the nude.

NaturistJames and *pixy* like this.
  14. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I could work from home at one of my jobs and was always naked when I did. If I had to do a video conference call I would only put on shirt for the call. No one could see I was bottomless because of the desk. Soon as the call was over it was back to nude.

15. Nudist Always

Nudist Always Members

I’ve interviewed for tech jobs where the initial rounds were online plus voice chat, and for these I was always nude. So, basically, I’ve done job interviews in the nude. These days, my new job lets me work at home often, pretty much whenever I don’t have in-person meetings or face-to-face activities in the office, so I’m always nude for this.

Modern technologies make WFHN (“working from home naked”) a lot easier than in the past.