Work doesn’t care

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Z-Man1983, May 15, 2019.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Very true, the local news recently interviewed a janitor at a middle school who holds a Ph.D. in astrophysics.

Well I guess he always wanted a career in academia and got it …lol…

wooleeheron likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I've heard more complaints from Phds that they were encouraged to go into the sciences, only to have the universities import all the talent they want dirt cheap from other countries like India that pay for more of their education. Its modern day Rome baby, and this train ain't stoppin' until she derails! Only idiots miss the fact that these bastards sell anything including atomic secrets to the highest bidder.

3. lode

lode Banned

Already estimated by something you may have read and are citing without any sources. 83% of all people know that's bunk.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Dude you took a funny quirky news story and made a federal case out of it – chill out

5. wooleeheron

Did you not hear me say Amazon has already automated their entire workforce? Perhaps you should tell them they are full of crap.

6. wooleeheron

You chill out, the earth now has an estimated two decades before roughly two billion people start to die. Tell them to chill out.

7. lode

lode Banned

8. this is fun

this is fun Banned

Stop believing everything you read, hear, see, etc.
    it’s bullshit

9. wooleeheron

10. wooleeheron

I don't believe everything I hear, which is why I'm writing the book on just how full of crap most people are, including quantifiable empirical evidence that 42 is as good as it gets, and academics are all full of crap. It provides an explanation for the quantum observer effect and how to manipulate time in 430 ways. I make a number of unique predictions, but its best not to drool.

Trust me, the slapstick is going to start turning into an avalanche as soon as the theory of everything is announced. Keep something handy to kick, because this is going to hurt. Ugly slapstick that should never be repeated.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Mike Literous likes this.
  11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I am the only employee at my company who works beneath my boss. I feel appreciated by him and we’ve grown to know each other well. It’s an ideal work environment for me.

But I’ve worked at jobs where I didn’t feel appreciated or listened to. I’ve worked jobs where the managers would play favorites with certain people, and all my work was undervalued. I’ve worked in companies that paid supervisors the same as the normies. So it totally took away all incentives to work towards getting promoted.

12. wooleeheron

Forty years of extensive studies concluded that the only reliable measure of anyone's career potential is the amount of working memory they possess. They are organizing like chickens, suggesting that the more stressed out a company becomes, the more bullying they should experience among their employees, with bullying in the workplace reaching epidemic proportions in recent years. Google famously just lost all their more brilliant talent, who walked out when they cut a deal with the government to develop weapons. My own father worked as what they call a "Beltway Bandit" selling $500.oo hammers to the Pentagon, but gave it up as soon as possible, at the urging of his own family, because those people will either drive you insane or to an early grave.

Google's employees did not just walk out on principle, but because familiarity doth breed contempt and they didn't need the money that badly.