woodshop = making beads

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by pbfanatic321, Feb 9, 2009.

1. pbfanatic321

pbfanatic321 Member

so today in woodshop i was bored just like every other day, the class blows. for everyone out their wondering if they should take it, dont!!! its fun at first, but then when you don't feel like doing the projects it sucks cause you actually have to do physical work...

well yeah like i said i was just bored and made a bead in less than 5 minutes, i don't have dreads yet but it was just something to do to pass the time...

like i said i made in honestly in less than 5 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i know, the whole is kind of small and off centered.

i haven't really seen a lot of beads before and the one i saw i tried to remember what it looked like the best i could.

so yup thats it

2. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

haha, woodwork. i also hated it =D

3. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

i look forward to my shop class every day. idk what your guys problems are. shop is sweet as hell. but then again, i actually joined to do the stuff, not get an easy grade. And my teacher is awesome. there is only one require project. (BreadBox)

4. pbfanatic321

pbfanatic321 Member

we had 6 required projects -

a clock
    a pen
    a pen box (i guess this could go with pen, so 5 total projects)
    a coat rack/shelf
    a storage box
    and a picture frame

now we can make what ever we want, and i am on my picture frame and i fucking broke the top part, pissed offffff....:mad::mad:

5. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

thoes are all easy.... except maby the clock, depending on what kind.
    i wish we had required projects, it would give me something to do. I just finished a cue stick rack/ stand that ive been working on basically all year and now idk what to do.
    I wanna make an adirondak chair probably but i dont think we have enough wood.............

picture frame would be quick too. especially if you have like crown moulding already, you can just cut it up and nail/glue it.

6. Bron_Yr_Aur

Bron_Yr_Aur Member

man i loved woodwork. did it in year 9 and 10 so it wasn't important and all i did was make guitar necks, a pedal board and a jewellry box for this girl. woodwork pwned.

7. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

i made a huge telly stand, took me aaaaaaaaaaages, and then we had to break it to fit it in the car to bring it home =[

8. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

there wasn't shop at my little private school but i would definitely have taken it. i am a crafty mofo.

9. Tambet

Tambet Member

Woodwork is great! Not that I'm good at it, but I love it. The woodwork at my school was awful though. With the first teacher we did pretty much nothing. Pointed sticks and stuff... The second teacher was crazy. Gave us quizes... I made a bead a while ago, but I'm not wearing it since my dreads are too young.

10. pbfanatic321

pbfanatic321 Member

yeah woodshop is an okay class just a bunch of stoners and stuff in there make it fucking gay.

so i am like basically done with my picture frame, and now i can do whatever i want.

i am going to make a bench that you can like sit on it will be pretty quick maybe a week to 2.

11. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

we had to take it in 6th grade, and we had to make a clock and a few other things, i really can't remember.

but our teacher was a pedo, and he got caught, and since they didn't find another shop to replace him they stopped making us take woodshop and turned his room into a janitors closet.

12. munky

munky Member

damn,i should've made beads in my shop class. thats a cool bead,i'm getting a bead from dreadheadhq,a copper one.

13. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

how much does dreadheadhq charge for a bead u can make yourself (and will turn your dread green)?

14. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

wood beads are like $.75 and most of the rest are $15. any glass, or some type of stone beads are $10 or $15. copper ones are around there too i think...

15. LittleRaisin

LittleRaisin Member

im practically in love with wood shop haha
    i just made a hickory long bow that pulls 50#
    i like to make bowls and stuff on the lathe to im actually making some beads out of purple heart at the moment made a handful of them on the lathe

16. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

haha. yeah i love shop too. Im starting an adirondack chair of poplar. im probably gonna paint it rasta. :)
    beads on the lathe are so easy!!!! lol. i made some out of pine... its a bad idea. pine sucks. but yeah i love my lathe.
    purple heart would look cool. Or any exotic wood.

17. LittleRaisin

LittleRaisin Member

It's free picking for any exotic hardwood scraps so I'm working on making this bullroarer out of a really dense block or some sort of red wood I can't recall the name :confused:

I'm having a huge problem with drilling them though being just perfect I have already split like 3 of my longer ones I've made.

18. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

I use various exotic woods from Africa and places around the world to make beads. As soon as the weather breaks I am totally firing up the lathe again. But with winter here and a shop that's not heater, there's little work that can done at the moment.