Wondering if going barefoot on college campuses is a growing trend? If so, where?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by joemeyer296, Dec 27, 2012.

1. joemeyer296

joemeyer296 Guest

I am interested in starting a barefoot lifestyle, but at the college I go to right now, going around barefoot would be extremely frowned upon. It is just as well, as I am looking to transfer. Just seeing if anybody knows of any college campuses in the US that are more friendly to barefooters?

2. barefootboy1030

barefootboy1030 Member

Where are you now?

I hear that bare feet are practically part of the dress code at Occidental in CA.

3. joemeyer296

joemeyer296 Guest

I am from, and go to, a small private college in upstate NY, but am looking to go anywhere, preferably south or southwest like in California where barefoot living would be ideal. I have heard the same thing about Occidental, but figured I would put a post here to see if I could find other places that might be barefoot friendly. I think Cal Poly might be a good place too. Have you heard anything about bare feet there?

4. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

First time I ever met a real barefooter was at my school, Mississippi State University, School of Architecture to be exact. This girl went barefoot nearly 24/7 including classes, even presentations, church, everything. That was way back around 2002 long before I discovered the joys of barefooting.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i can't imagine most schools would have a problem with it. i went to two standard state colleges, and at both of them you could have gone to class in a barrel and i don't think anyone would have really cared.

quark likes this.
  6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

No one gives a shit if you dont wear shoes around ur campus or to classes.

Unless you are going to some upscale private type college.

Any of the cal state schools would be a nice choice

7. joemeyer296

joemeyer296 Guest

Was she the only person there that walked around barefoot all the time? Or, did you see other people around who would go without shoes?

8. goodearth

goodearth Member

9. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

When I was at college nobody cared that I was barefoot. As long as I turned up to class and handed my work in on time it was smiles all round. TBH I think college staff are so used to seeing individuals trying to be different it all becomes a bit 'yeah so what'.

Shayla x

10. joemeyer296

joemeyer296 Guest

Okay. Here are the colleges so far that I've gathered from all of you responders:

Occidental College
    Reed College
    Mississippi State University

Thanks for your help!

11. joemeyer296

joemeyer296 Guest

I've done some more research on my own and might have come up with a few more:

Eckerd College (in Florida)
    Auburn University (Alabama)
    University of South Florida?
    California Polytechnic State University?

Anyone care to comment on those schools or to add to the ongoing list?

12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

yes cal poly is a pretty friendly place.

Specifically the one in san luis obispo

13. barefootman

barefootman Member

If you have the grades, Cal Tech BIG TIME! Very barefoot friendly.

14. Simon1991

Simon1991 Guest

Hey Joe-

I was at the University of Central Florida today, outside of Orlando, and saw four people walking around barefoot. First a guy with his friend (who wasn't barefoot), then a guy and a girl looking like they were getting ready to go to a pool (though we were nowhere near one), and then a girl going to class barefoot. She was actually early and sat on the floor outside of the classroom for a while in bare feet. So UCF might be a friendly place for you.

15. joemeyer296

joemeyer296 Guest

Thanks Simon. Appreciate the help!

16. Bentley99

Bentley99 Members

Yes! I have been barefoot many times and it is common to be without shoes at times inside or even outside in summer and fall, Berklee music college in Boston, This college is the greatest place on earth!

GLENGLEN and RT19 like this.
  17. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

After receiving over 20 comments on a Facebook post asking students how they feel about being barefoot on campus, it was obvious that shoeless students gets the campus talking. To shoe or not to shoe?

18. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

19. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Reading the comments cause youtube is experiencing interruptions, find out why ?

Comments are stuck too. This tab scrolls fine but youtube stuck even after refresh.

20. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Nice piece. To view in YouTube and read comments, click on where it says "YouTube" in the lower right.