Women's bodily autonomy under attack again.

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by drumminmama, Oct 6, 2017.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

2. Kerri

Kerri Members

This last ditch power grab by straight white Christian men is pathetic

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Although I am pro choice for the practicality aspects of abortion. I'm morally against late term abortion. Late term as in you can feel the baby kicking inside of you, and you have no qualms about ending it. Seems a little messed up to me.

5 people like this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

People dont just have late term abortions for the hell of it though

Genetic testing is done at 20 weeks, abortions after 20 weeks are done for medical reasons and should be a deeply personal and heavily weighed decision between a woman and her doctor. The government shouldnt be involved in medical decisions

4 people like this.
  6. Scratched

Scratched Members

Um, so what exactly do you have against straight white men anyway?

Come on, we deserve to have lives too. We've watched our ability to think and act for ourselves get forced into submission and cuckoldry over the years.

You should live that life sometime, it sucks.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oi, Donald, Donald, Donald

1 person likes this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

After 20 weeks is wrong babies are surviving as young as 21 weeks, only has to be 1.. proves it's a viable life, 20 weeks is right.
    And that's from a woman of 3 children, 2 miss carriages and hard pregnancies!
    Most genetic testing is done between 10 and 22 weeks of pregnancy, only if that baby will not survive out side of the womb on delivery should the baby be born up to 22 weeks..

Babies have no choice, you do.. birth control..

If a man has to be trapped by a pregnancy, you won't ever keep him!

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOLz, what would happen if guys were the ones that had to carry a child to term

Imagine you got drunk as a skunk one night, she looked alright with the beer googles on, the next morning, oh my god, surely I wasnt that drunk, 3 weeks later you pee on a stick, OMG no! I'm not going to get stuck with the product of her mangled genes, have to quit your job, go on welfare.....spend every second of every hour of every day with a screaming three year old

You should live that life ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. Kerri

Kerri Members

The part that always surprises me with this is why anyone’s individual preference should be someone else’s law.

Didi47 and unfocusedanakin like this.
  11. Kerri

Kerri Members

I can only assume this is sarcastic

12. Scratched

Scratched Members

Perhaps I have...there is a lot you don't know about my past. :wall: However I am male, not female.
    If you were to judge me before I told my story you'd be a fool. But it's not exactly on my "worry tree". lmao. It's over and I'm happy. :flyhigh: Some men have a damn good reason for being MGTOW.

1 person likes this.
  13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

It isn't, trust me.

14. Scratched

Scratched Members

Hmm...so, being a White, Straight Male in America = Donald? lmao...my neighbor would strongly disagree with you. [​IMG]

I have a video of a school that I'm assuming a few people here graduated from, and if you had a chance you would stick me into "the box". [​IMG]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM

You will love this video.

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Separation of church and sate. Abortions are a personal choice for many reasons. Abortion opinions are usually rooted in America being a "Christian Nation" and the Bible says abortion is wrong. I wonder how many Christians know that until the middle of the 16th century the Catholic Church was OK with abortion. It was one Pope who was in power for a few years who decided it was evil. They felt that there was no life until the women could feel the child kicking. Until that point what was inside did not have a soul yet.

It was a time without birth control and poor living. Abortions were probably a part of the lives of many early Catholics and thus all Christians. It's a explanation from a time with little medical knowladge. But science also proves today that life does not begin at conception like anti-abortion people say. It's interesting to me that old white men have the strongest opinions on female rights. Then when the child is born it's likely to be living in bad circumstances. Maybe it gets welfare for example? Then it's part of the problem to the same people who don't like abortion. Then the kid is entitled to nothing not even the gurentee of a good education. Maybe they can never afford college, maybe they have to go to a high school that's overrun with gangs and kids who don't give a shit about learning. Both real possibilities for kids born poor but who also work hard and are not the stereotypical "welfare queen" Republican Christians hate.

1 person likes this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Well I'm not in favor in banning later term abortions by law. I just think it's morally wrong if the baby is healthy.

I know that banning abortions is not going to help anything, as those who need to end the pregnancy will find an illegal and unsafe way of doing it. Kind of like gun control; banning guns won't stop those from finding illegal ways of obtaining one.

I also believe people who get gender selective abortions don't deserve functioning reproductive organs.

17. Kerri

Kerri Members

Well there is lots of evidence that suggests there are less guns where they are illegal. The same would be true for abortions. The difference to me is gun laws are not gender based

I don’t disagree with your feeling about very late term or gender motivated abortions but I also believe it doesn’t matter what I think. Individual women should be able to make their own choices

18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I always come back to the quip:

“A woman does not want an abortion like she wants an ice cream cone, a new dress, or a Porsche; she wants an abortion like an animal caught in a trap wants to gnaw off its own leg to escape.”

2 people like this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah but no because some girls have an abortion so they can get straight back into fucking guys unprotected. They see it as no consequnce. If there's a woopsie it's all good because just get an abortion go on with having a fun life.have a baby, life over in their minds.

20. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I have a few friends who have had abortions and it didn't seem to free them. If anything, they have been tormented with guilt since having them. Maybe that's society or religious pressures but either way, they have a deep sadness over their choices. I don't think abortion should be banned etc but feel that the abortion industry lies and makes it seem like the choice will offer freedom but if you were to see my friends, they don't seem free. :(

1 person likes this.