Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wooleeheron, May 29, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I laughed my ass off when I saw this because id was criticized for killing Nazis and making them look like complete idiots in their last version of Wolfenstein. Their obvious response is to teach kids how to not think twice about killing Nazis for fun. Kill, kill, kill, kill.... and then, kill some more! I'm thinking of writing a letter to Valve insisting they are falling behind the competition again, spending too much time counting their money and not enough making the world a better place.

We were born to kill Nazis!

The id tech video game engine is incredibly fast, running on any newer computer, and making almost all others look slow, because countless legends in the industry came together to create the engine built on John Carmack's work, over more than a year's worth of research total by maybe a dozen or more experts. The idea that id would not take the lead on this and use their engine for everything it was designed for is absurd. Nobody in the fucking industry would ever work with Bethesda again if they suddenly went soft on Nazis.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The daughters of BJ Blazkovich instead of playing as BJ himself... I will await the release. Good series if you dig FPS though.

3. wooleeheron

Its one of the best corridor shooters ever made and predates even Doom. Its not like id has a monopoly on video games that espouse killing Nazis, but this is definitely the game to buy if that's what you want to do, and should be funded and endorsed by the democratic party. Maybe they could claim it as a mental health expense.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Meh.

That it's a long existing series doesn't always say much about the quality.
    That the guys you have to kill in mass quantities are nazis or other socially acceptable enemies neither.
    This series is a hoot because 1) all fps aspects (graphics, gameplay, etc) are worked out well, 2) the alt history setting is intriguing and 3 but not least) the humour is fun and well timed.
    I played several FP shooters in my teens. None now. It's just i want something else these days than 99% shooter action. But i took notice of several recent Wolfenstein games, also when a friend plays them (sitting next to him watching is just like watching an action movie :grinning:), and i wouldn't mind trying The new colossus myself. This is the one set in the US.

5. wooleeheron

Wolfenstein has been famous for their quality being particularly consistent, but its a corridor shooter. You run-n-gun down everything in sight, and id has always focused on their engines which are not only fast, but incorporate the latest graphics and particularly good dynamics. Their shotgun just feels right and, usually, so does everything else. It has too, because just shooting everything in sight as fast as you can gets boring if the controls aren't really responsive. How good the story and characters are, depends on how old you are, but its good to see they are adding more humor.