Wish I had the Internet when I was 14 !!

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by yo_me_2_go, Aug 16, 2005.

1. yo_me_2_go

yo_me_2_go Member

I will tell you. I so badly wish I had the Internet when I was 12-14 thinking about my sexuality (gay). The only ones I could voice it to was 1 special friend at the time that I also messed around with; he was 13 too. But really, think about it how lucky the younger crowd is now to be able to go on line and meet people their own age and express their feelings with each other very openly. You know, if you don't see someone's face you can just about say anything you want, be open and not worry about what they say in return.

I really feel the younger generation is soo DARN LUCKY to have the tool of the internet. Let's talk about meeting new and exciting (sometimes dull) people on websites that match you up. Oh wow if I only had this when I was 15 or so I would not have had to play the "I have a girlfriend" thing since I thought I was the one and only guy in the world that looked at other guys.

AHHHH - can't we turn the clock back please ?????

:)

2. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

I am extremely grateful for the internet... Wihout it, my gender dysphoria may have driven me to commit suicide.

3. kif

kif Member

I didnt have the internet and I had no problem meeting guys while growing up. Most of them were older, but thats what I like it was all good.I kept it hidden, and so did they. But I also played the whole "I have a gf" deal out too.

4. MSman

MSman Member

Internet helped me out of insanity, and i could go to web sites and find out who i really was w/o risking gettin caught at the library.

5. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Aye, I definitely dig it.

6. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

I agree. My 19 yo cousin is gay, and I am stunned at the number of other young gay people he knows. Of course, it also helps that he lives in a larger city and has an older gay cousin.