windows xp sux

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Soulless||Chaos, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Sure does... :rolleyes: Beats windows ME though... :rolleyes:

2. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

yes windows xp does suck. I had used windows xp and i got so many viruses in my computer I had to reformat my computer like 11 times and now I am using windows 98 and then I am going to switch to something else and reformat my computer again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

3. Soulless||Chaos

Linux works a lot better! But I guess that's not for everyone you know.... :rolleyes:

4. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Windows XP is the best OS money can buy (pause for the mass yelling) If you have money to throw away on a complete piece of crap! LINUX, man there is a version out there for everyone, you just have to have a bit of computer knowledge to set it up.

5. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

i couldnt give a shit anymore. i like the gui of 98 better than them all. neat and simple. but less problems, less stress

6. Soulless||Chaos

Damn right! :D It's getting easier and easier to set up too....

7. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Um gui (graphical user interface) is the same on win 95,98, ME and so on, I think perhaps you meant the layout of the windows and icon local?

The only difference in win98SE and WinME is ME has added some items that one would normally download. The reason why ME seems to fail more often is due inpart to the added software that runs automatically unless you configure it out. The reason why Win98 seems to hold up best is the fact that it is based off of win95D a version that rarely seen because it was far beter to market the product under a more current name (i.e.) Win98, sadly it had its downfalls right at first and to cure this Microsoft offered to sell you the repaired version known as Windows 98 Second Edition. What makes it funny is people bought it by the masses. So much money paid just to get the fix needed to make the software you had purchased perform as it was intended. Talk about the scam of the century. Microsoft keeps offering new products that make the older ones non usable so that you keep spending! Ask yourself why Corel Draw 12 will only load under WinXP but Corel Draw 5 had more functions and extras and it was made clear back in 1993. Funny how we have been tricked by marketing scams.

Dont believe me, I have 2 identical games Need 4 speed 1, the were purchased several years apart. the first one states a Pentium 200 cpu required, the new copy of the same game, not the N4SII either just a new copy of the original requires a PII300. If you try to install the new copy it says "does not meet requirements". Funny that a simple little thing like a systems verification program can make you spend more money on newer equipment just to play what you used to be able to.

Okay I am done bashing the software industry

8. boringtree

yep, i was talking about the family and how they look so much better than linux and xp, but speaking as a user of 98 only. well ME at work, but that doesnt matter

9. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I've never had a problem with it.

10. Soulless||Chaos

How can it look better than linux or xp? Linux is insanely customizeable graphicaly, and I thought xp could be customized as well? :confused: Personaly I hate the old windows 9x look... It's so boring and ugly... I like a simpler look too, just something about it is ugly...

11. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

w2k: less $$$, better OS than xp virus.

12. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I like to make the pages black w/ blue font. :D

13. boringtree

my windows 98 was perfect. no jibberish, just plain and simple windows. open close.

i prefare xp though

14. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

windows98 was the only one thats worked since windows3.1. mac's by far better. this computer im on now has the new xp (whateva) and it suxs, not only do you have to download java on your own, but billyboy gates has somthin in here tryin to reject it all the time. that dude sux. such a scam. computers should last forever, now you need a brand new computer everytime a new OS comes out cus the damn things so big and useless. im gonna start talkin to yall in DOS from now on, now that was nice. . .. if yall only knew what the internet was like back in the 80's, fun stuff.

15. Soulless||Chaos

Hehehe I came on the forums in lynx once.... It was strange and confusing... :rolleyes:

16. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Oh man the old days before the internet, the BBS days! Oh how I miss them. Hacking was so much more fun and personal then.

17. lynsey

lynsey Banned

lol I thougt your thread at first said windows up sucks and I was going to agree, I like the windows down:)

18. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Shit, I don't even know what I have on here. I bought this clunker at walmart a couple years ago and it seems to be working fine.

19. lynsey

lynsey Banned

heh i don't even know

20. Soulless||Chaos

I'm not sure when they started, but I believe walmart pcs run a version of linux made to be like windows known as lindows.... :rolleyes: