Will the world fry?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by War John, Jan 25, 2013.

1. War John

War John Member

Will the world fry on the 26th at 4 am est?

"And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

As for the 26th... 2+6= 8. 8 is short for 26.

As for seven... we have the 25th (today where I am). 2+5=7. 7 is short for 25.

Remember the Godsmack album titled IV. Remember the cover art... The fancy burning flames circling IV...

"...he must continue a short space."

I continued the short space by taking what is short and putting it the full way.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've lived through more believable scenarios.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so does it specifically say the 26th of this month somewhere, or just a 26th? or, more accurately, an 8th?

remember the cover art from nirvana's nevermind? there was baby penis.

4. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Who dreamed up this date , 1/26/2013 ? Some one in a lunny bin ? desert rat

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

In 1798 Thomas Malthus postulated that any species which exceeds the capacity of it's ecosystem will suffer a "Malthusian Check"; a die-off bringing population and environment back into a state of homeostasis. In 1856 Eunice Foote discovered what John Poynting would call the "Greenhouse Effect" in 1909. In 1960 Charles Keeling developed the "Keeling Curve"; demonstrating that the level of CO2 in the atmosphere was in fact rising, just as Eunice Foote had predicted in 1856. Even scientists from Exxon and Peabody Coal recognized anthropogenic climate change 50 years ago. We've known about this for a long, long time; and yet, despite the consensus of 97% of the world's climatologists, here we are. America continues to subsidize the fossil fuel industry by $20 billion a year; the E.U. by €55 billion; fossil fuel production (and combustion) has continued to rise unabated despite the Paris Accord and IPCC. It appears extremely unlikely that we as a species will ever reach sufficient consensus in sufficient time to implement the actions necessary to avert worst-case-scenario climate destabilization and mass extinction (and quite possibly, extinction as a species). This is not something external to us and we're not victims. This is our collective karma; the sum total of trillions of choices made by billions of people ever since that very first notion to burn wood charcoal to smelt tin & copper. As a species, Homo sapiens has catastrophically failed to evolve intellectually, emotionally, or spiritually fast enough to keep pace with our technology. To change this trajectory what would be required now is an instantaneous quantum leap in global consciousness, and that's simply not how evolution works.

themnax likes this.
  6. Jesse49

Jesse49 Members

Will the world fry? Only if it gets sucked into the sun.

7. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The world actually fried the first time when they detonated the first atomic bomb, and they had to dial the laws of physics down and rewind the tape. Don't do that, stop it! Stop attempting to blow up the world and fry it for breakfast! Its not yours to play with, and mama will get mad!

8. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Yes.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the only world i know anything about is a rather large chunk of rock, which will, in all likelihood, continue serenely orbiting its primary, long after humanity will have perished by its own hand, and not by war, but by its abundance and fertility having crowded nearly everything else its existence depends upon out, and been thereafter, utterly forgotten.

Piobaire likes this.
  10. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

At first I was skeptical, but once you mentioned Godsmack album art, you sold it for me.

I've therefore covered my entire body in batter and am preparing to be officially fried tomorrow.

11. maelstromaz

maelstromaz The more I know, the less I understand.

There is not enough oil to fry the Earth. Slow baked - possibly. Bar-B-Q: not enough charcoal or propane.
    Salt lightly, season to taste.