Will nature find a way?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Paul, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

This quote is from the bbc news:

I was thinking about this, and how the cycle of life is so much in tune, while we humans are no longer part of that chain ...

I mean, many people campaign for the environment, trying to stop the shit that we humans do; stuff like pollution, waste, exploitation of land and livestock, global warming etc.

However, are we arrogant in thinking that we can destroy the planet? Will we really have that much impact in the long term ... or will nature just outlast us and survive regardless of what we do?

On one extreme we have the devastation in Asia ... then on the other end of the scale we have simple things like grass appearing through the cracks in neglected roads - nature winning against us no matter what.

So in thousands of years time, when man is no more ... I wonder how much of an impact we really would have had.

2. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

we are apart of nature .....there is no escaping it ....we are just one species that is currently dominating it....life will go

3. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

hi paul man.so good to read your thread.i believe that whatever way man try/s to destroy this beautifull planet( he will not proceed in doing so ).mother nature is not to be messed with.after all i personnally believe that this planet is not ours to destroy(it has been loaned to us )for a short time (physical life)............peace man

4. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Hell yeah. I've thought this for a long time. Environmental campaigning is really about saving people (or other specific species) rather than the planet. I haven't the slightest doubt that nature will bounce back - however long it takes. It's just a question of whether humans are around to see it.

5. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

If we harm the environment enough so as to bring about our own extinction, the Earth will survive. It may take millions of years, but life will go on without us. Environmental aims ultimately should be about self preservation, because at the end of the day, we are the only ones who will lose out, the Earth doesn't need us. We're simply not that important....