Will kids go crazy

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by malcolmx88, Nov 15, 2005.

1. malcolmx88

malcolmx88 Member

Seems like near the end of the 1960's youth started to go insane, it was in the music, the doors the end, "and all the children are insane", it was in Mansons murderous rampage, it was in the Weather Underground, it was in the Mcdonald killings, it was in the Symbionese Liberation army.

Will today's youth, angry over the iraq war react in similar ways.

2. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i am so sick on nobody reacting or seemingly giving a shit at all that any resistance is welcome by me.

3. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

i think going insane is not the right word i think it's more trying to get control over situations that seem to be uncontrollable, but are not, that might look insane to the people that don't think it is possible to get control of it.

4. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

There will always be a lunatic fringe - people who just never know where to draw the line. The main thing to remember is this:
    The end does NOT justify the means!
    If they say they want peace and that the only way to get it is to go to war...if they say God is love so let's kill all the pagans...you know what I mean?
    People get frustrated, then they get used as pawns by others with different agendas.
    Just keep your wits and commonsense and NEVER go against your gut feelings about what is right, acceptable, honorable...

5. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Wot hoppened? Drugs, then MORE DRUGS, then THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF DRUGS.

Thots wot hoppened.

6. syd

syd Banned

Charles Manson, really hardcore, yeah. It's funny how all these ex middle age hippy acid droppers are leaders of massive corparations these days

7. Kaniblo

Kaniblo Member

It won't happen again. The reason it happened in the sixties is because the sixties came after the fifties, when everyone tried to convey this image of uncultured civility. When the sixties came it was like everyone woke up at once. The problem is that we've been exposed to everything. Gangsta rap is the most common non-mainstream (and I use the word "non-mainstream" loosely) music, it's full of hate and bragging about money, drugs, andhow much of a bad mothafucka you are. Drug laws are ridiculous (you can get charged with manslaughter for one hit of acid in some states) and drugs have been put into this collective group where everything is highly addictive and deadly and will have you on the streets selling your blood for your next fix (a guy I work with tried to tell me that LSD is addictive, even though he's never even seen it, much less done it himself). Most of America is content because nothing affects them directly, why bother with change? We are the fattest, laziest country in the world, and no one cares. Obviously people don't want to set things right, since Bush was re-elected.

I was born forty years too late. Fuck.

If you want all the children to go insane, spread awarness. Let people know what's going on and how it affects them. No one is going to do anything on this forum, we're all hippies here anyway.

We can change the world, but it will take a lot of effort.

8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

"""""""We can change the world, but it will take a lot of effort""

Y voik, just stay high an tink about it, work iz 4 horzez nut humanoidz.

9. nouronion

nouronion Member

the only way todays youth would start acting that way over the iraq war is if the war started effecting them personally. But it's not like theres going to be a draft in the near future so that wont happen. Our generation does have the power, were the biggest generation since the baby boomers and by far the most well educated, if something ever tests us like the vietnam war did to the baby boomers i think we would stand up and overcome it.

10. Pablo_Escobar

Pablo_Escobar Member

The Weather Underground was badass.

11. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

I think alot of youth IS already crazy. It's mainstream to be radical. All the goths look alike. Hippy fashions from the 60's are in style. Even Joe America down the street is wearing tyedyes. Everybody tryin' so hard to be different that they all seem the same. Crazy is normal. Drugs used to be for expanding minds and finding God, now it's just about seeing how fucked up you can get. Maybe it hasn't gotten bad enough yet. There used to be people like Timothey Leary and others who were "spokespeople" for the day. Right or wrong, they gave direction to people looking for some. LSD came with "instructions". The crazy kids back in the day were on an adventure. They wanted to learn something. Now it's just a common everyday nightmare. There is no direction. War and violence are so common that they are "acceptable".
    I think this could change if there were SOMEONE who could lead us ALL out of the hole. But nowdays NOBODY wants to listen... Or DO they?

12. sensamelia

sensamelia hippy mom

no earth mother most people these days are deaf
    and to me its a respect issue .that is why the youth is going crazy they lost the respect
    i was born in the 60s to hippy parents who smoked pot and maybe did the odd acuid tab but they taught me respect morals love thy neighbour
    how to be a good person
    nobody seems to care anymore
    i have 7 children aged 24,22,19,18,15,14,12 and i hope i have instilled good moral values in them
    but it scares me when i look around at the youth of today and think this is the future

13. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

it depresses me that i have to refer to this as my generation.

14. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

Im a youth myself and I think the biggest problem among us is were way too wrapped up in material gain to come together and change the world.

Like you can ask around and even the supposed free thinking youth don't believe that a complete revolution can take place or that we can make a difference.It's just really frusterating when half of us are just settling on the way the world is and giving up.

Also not many people seem to understand to start another movement we can't take the shit societys feeding us.Were being conditioned into a life of materialism,money earning,and selfless indulgence but even when people realise this not many are willing to sacrifice what society is putting forth to revive the counterculture.

15. earthmother

Yea, it's called being spoiled. The general philosophy of the teenage thru young twentys age group in these parts is: get all you can 'cause more is better, if ya haven't got any money or a fast car you're a nobody, if you don't have something "fun" to do you're bored out of your mind, the most important thing is being "cool", life is just one long bummer except when you're fucked up, anti-war and environmental protests are stupid, and the all time number one deaf, dumb, and blind teenage statement: What war? And then there is the whole cocktail of every imaginable drug easily available, with no other goal than to see how messed up you can get. After all, it's always easier to just escape than it is to work at changing something.

16. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

Yeah I see where your coming from.

I kinda came to that conclusion myself not too long ago and im trying to get rid of most of my material possesions and such cause there way too confining.Most people think im fucking crazy for doing so and that theres no reason to but I can see many reasons to escape the rat race.

17. SpaceCake

SpaceCake Member

It's society I blame as an individual. What do I mean by that? Well we as a society have grown up realizing that we have rights and because we have rights we stood up and said "Hey Man you can't do that, I have rights" and the courts listened. Now look where we are. Teenagers have so many rights that they know they can do whatever the fuck they want and they cannot be punished for it because...they have rights. I can't shovel the snow from my driveway to across the street to the snow bank because someone else has claimed it wrong to do so because...they have the right. Teachers are helpless in school to teach because they can't send the little bastard Billy the Bully to the principal's office because...he has rights. I can't use the name Billy because all the Billy's in the world will be offended because...they have rights.

Fuck man everyone has got to chill and just take one day a week, sit back with a group of cool friends and talk inbetween a spliff or two. You'd be surprised how chilling things become after a while. Besides...it's your right.

18. incense+peppermints

incense+peppermints Member

earthmother, I agree with you 1000%. It's so sad, all everyone does is take, take, take from the world and then take some more. No one gives a fuck about the environment, starvation, our oppressed society.....we have all been trained to make money make money make money....I blame society. We are trained not to give back, that might interfere with our own personal gain....I'm throughly disgusted. I hope eventually kids will stand up for what is right and do the right thing.

19. earthmother

So the real protest, the real standing up for what you believe in, would be to go back to the original "Tune in, Turn on, Drop out" theory. Tune in to what is really happening to the world and the people in it, Turn on to a whole new way of looking at things, and drop out of mainstream society. It's also your right!

20. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

Thats the route im taking but the thing is if more youth don't do the same it's not gonna make much of a difference to society as a whole.