Will girls do anything to not be seen alone out in public?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Idle_Billy, Apr 17, 2019.

1. jondalar7

jondalar7 Creating harmony on the planet

I joined an over sixty social group recently. I went to three events and realized I would have more fun working in the garden alone.

Meliai likes this.
  2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

They are a series of books which began with The Clan of the Cave Bear, in which a homo sapian girl (Ayla) is raised by a neanderthal clan.
    At the time of writing the in-depth research the author did made them factually correct in their portrayal of neanderthal life, but since then there has been research which kind of ruins that aspect, though they are still a good story.

Edit: I wrote this before realising that Jondalar had responded about it.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

So I'm remembering wrong; Ayla was not homosapians.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I can't deny...

5. newbie-one

Maybe she just wanted to use you, because she wanted to go out to eat, and didn't want to be alone.

On the other hand, maybe she wanted a "date" with you, and claimed reluctance to go out alone as an excuse.

If she just wanted food and didn't want to be seen alone in public, she probably would have just ordered take out.

6. jondalar7

I think Homosapian includes all branches of man including the first arrivals.

I do not mean to hijack the thread, My intention was to show that what we as men and women do today is often related to our basic instincts of survival.

Earth's Children is a series of epic[1] historical fiction novels[2][3] written by Jean M. Auel set circa 30,000 years before present. There are six novels in the series. Auel had previously mentioned in interviews that there would be a seventh novel,[4] but publicity announcements for the sixth confirmed it would be the final book in the sequence.

The series is set in Europe during the Upper Paleolithic era, after the date of the first ceramics discovered, but before the last advance of glaciers. The books focus on the period of co-existence between Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals.

As a whole, the series is a tale of personal discovery: coming-of-age, invention, cultural complexities, and, beginning with the second book, explicit romantic sex. It tells the story of Ayla, an orphaned Cro-Magnon girl who is adopted and raised by a tribe of Neanderthals and who later embarks on a journey to find the Others (her own kind), meeting along the way her romantic interest and supporting co-protagonist, Jondalar.

The story arc in part comprises a travel tale, in which the two lovers journey from the region of Ukraine to Jondalar's home in what is now France, along an indirect route up the Danube River valley. In the third and fourth works, they meet various groups of Cro-Magnons and encounter their culture and technology. The couple finally return to southwestern France and Jondalar's people in the fifth novel. The series includes a highly detailed focus on botany, herbology, herbal medicine, archaeology and anthropology, but it also features substantial amounts of romance, coming-of-age crises, and—employing significant literary license—the attribution of certain advances and inventions to the protagonists.

In addition, Auel's series incorporates a number of recent archeological and anthropological theories. It also suggested the notion of Sapiens-Neanderthal interbreeding.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The idea that Neanderthals didn't vocalise much is outdated, I think. They found a new bone that suggested they did "talk". But that only dates Clan of the Cave Bear.

Personally I think the last book (2011?) was boring and I couldn't get into it, much as I wanted to know what happened. I abandoned it and never tried again.

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

But yes, sorry. Not what this thread is about.
    : )

I can't help it. The conversations goes where it goes, in my opinion.

9. jondalar7

I felt the same, too bad I liked the series. It is a work of fiction.

10. jondalar7

11. newbie-one

Ok, what if Bad Company did a reunion tour, and gave you a prostate exam on stage every night?

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Know what you mean, my neighbor asked me if I want to join his basketball team playing with guys who are all in their mid-forties.

In the meanwhile I’m still schooling guys in their late teens and early 20s in pickup games at the local park.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

How much do you think tickets would be for something like that? :D

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

newbie-one likes this.
  15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the prostate exam would be the least unpleasant part of the show.

16. newbie-one

Oh I was born...
    Exam glove on my hand
    I'll give undies...
    A nice prostate exam

That's why they call me

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think people need to realize anything they put on a gender is a statistic. it may be a large or small majority, but exceptions and even reversals can pretty much be counted upon, to exist.

Irminsul likes this.
  18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

When anyone accuses someone else of "acting intelligent".. It always strikes me that the accuser is intellectually insecure.

19. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I'm going to see a triple bill of Cheap Trick, ZZ Top & Bad Co later this month. I doubt there will be any onstage prostate exams.

20. newbie-one

They're going to surprise you!