wild Phalaris Arundinacea- yay or neigh?

Discussion in 'DMT' started by joeyramoney, Jun 2, 2008.

1. joeyramoney

joeyramoney Member

i have a battery of questions about this plant.

there is a ditch adjacent to a road near my house (suburban pittsburgh) that has a stand of 3-4 foot high grass that i'm 99% sure is phalaris. the leaves are long and fairly wide at the base, and the seed-branches at the top diverge from the stalk in an alternating pattern, as opposed to two branches coming from either side of one nodule. some of the more mature seed heads have a pink inflorescence. The leaves are a deep slightly bluish green. i'll upload pictures as soon as i can. from the research i've done, these look a whole lot like phalaris arundinacea. I estimate i could glean enough leaf matter to fill a shoebox if i pulverized it finely. There's probably about 50 plants altogether.

assuming that this is indeed canary reed grass, what variables can alter the alkaloid content of the leaves? I've pruned of the flowering tops of some of them, because i heard that increases the DMT in the leaves. what other things like season, moisture, shade, etc can change alkaloid content? when to the leaves have the most DMT in them?

i plan on using an acid base extraction process, which i've never tried before. I plan on using ammonia to basify the solution and naphtha to extract the freebase crystals. any other suggestion for what solvents i could use for this process? has anyone gotten something smokable from this process applied to canary reed grass?