wierdest insect ever

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by StonerBill, Jan 4, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

ok does anyone know what these thigns are, theyre these wierd sort of triangular shaped insects, like iwht a white, boxy sort of body and little legs, but they have these plumes of white hair comin out of their ass.

and theyre on my plants what the fuck are they. they seem to leave this white residue like eggs but the eggs dont seem to hatch into hundrds more hairy things, theres just a few bugs here and there

and they jump alot, flea style. the plants are like 15-20 metresa below my bedroom window and one managed to get in. thats wierd.

2. medicinalhydro2

medicinalhydro2 Member

Need a picture

3. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

sound like whiteflys to me

4. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

kinda what I think,but how did he get close enough to describe without catching one and magnifying it.If they fly fast and short distances and look under all the leafs for small flat eggs.If this sounds familar then they are white flies.

5. thrawn

thrawn Member

If there hanging under leaf, and theyre white; most likely white flys. Just shake your plants every once and a while and you disrupt there rest and mating. Thats what Ive been doing mainly because I dont get to many, and I dont like adding anything to plants. You can also tak up those yellow sticky strips, as whiteflys are attracted to yellow.

Hey tiedye hows that new job coming?

6. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

yeah sounds like white flies, here's a couple easy remedies 1 lower the temp. the colder it gets the less they can breed 40-50 dergrees they can only produce 100- 200 offspring 90-100 degrees they can produce 100,000 offspring "i turned my ac on for like 4 hours got it real cold in there not long enough to hurt plants jus kill the eggs, 2nd lady bugs they're a natural predator of the white fly 1 lady bug can wipeout a colony of them an not bother ur plants at all they actualy go for the fly eggs 3rd if the bottom of leaves are covered with eggs an it is still earlier growth stage u can use a water +baking soda mixture an spray underside of leaves "when water evaporates it leaves a soda residue which deprives eggs of vital oxygen well good luck hope this helped

7. London Mod

London Mod Member

Could be Thrips

8. heartsnotfarts

heartsnotfarts Member

im gonna grow in woods behind my house next season. i have chicken wire to ward off larger animals, but should i get ladybugs and keep a close eye on the plants?

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

lol white fly? did i mention anywhere 'wings' or 'fly'? lol :p

anyway heres a bad pic, but a pic nonethe less of a smaller, fat shaped one. theres fat ones and skinny ones, and the fat ones have smaller plumes, and the skinny ones generally have long ones.
    the left side is his front and right side is his ass (you can see a little tuft of hair)

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

and is it just me, or can anybode else see the teddy bear in the wood-grain? its head is top left and his body is middle sorta, bottom and right from his head, the insect is on his right nipple area, and hes holding it with right hand, so as to eat it, and holding the other hand in the air waving or something. hehe i LOVE looking at my table's grain, i see things all the time all over the place

11. thrawn

thrawn Member

That, does not look like a whitefly. I think its a thrip.

About the ladybugs, If your growing outdoors, inserting a natural ontrol is not very effective.

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i looked at pictures of thrips, and i dont understand how anyone could think the insect in that picture looks like a thrip... i mean, its an insect, its white, but it ends there :|

13. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

--Well if ya cant get rid ofem could ya at least get them to shave their ass!?

14. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

--Holey Fukin Shit Man! -Now that I think about it, -that aint the first time I said that! :)

15. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Get going with camera/photography technique and you're gonna get a lot better answers quich then a whole lotta speculation ove ra whole long period of time. If they have two triangular shields combining into a delta shape and it's brown/dark like it might be stinkbug. wanna know the size of the monster. Also, insects have the largest variety of type and bugs common in one part of the world/land might not be seen in another at all. Did you say australia? maybe it is a walla bee or a kanga fly if you know what I mean. Spray with diluted (please follow label directions) neem oil once a week/14 days and hand pick off anyone you see on your plants who isn't welcome. You know, most self supplying growers should be able to just handpick clean of insects and whatnot because of the small amount grown (relative to commercial size plots) But neem oil is a perfect organic protectant. b1

16. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

hey thanks for askin thrawn
    new jobs doing great, wish it would quit raining though so i can get something done there. l.o.l.
    new upgrade was sucessfull- reference back in black for details.
    gotta go guys
    later

17. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

and yes it does look like a whitefly to me.
    if you shake your plants do you see a few or couple fly around
    tiedye

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

ok ill say it again, they dont fly.
    another one landed in a glass of water so ill try and get a good shot of it.

theyre like at max 5mm body, most around 3

and they jump.

the fat ones, from above are triangles, though there are longer ones too, same type of insect but different body shape, often longer than the fat ones, and are triangular but more acute and more hair.

i guess it must be some exotic insect that has found its way into our garden. togh i want to find out what they are argh

19. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

Did we find out what this hairy-assed critter is?