Wicked sweet tooth

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by willowbaby89, Aug 16, 2005.

1. willowbaby89

willowbaby89 Member

Does anyone else have this problem?All of a sudden after I stoped eating meat I started to get these cravings for fatty foods like cookies and large amounts of other junk foods that are not good for me and i end up over eating on junk food alone,no I dont starve myself,I eat normal,but why do I get these cravings for things loaded with fat now?Does anyone else deal with this,what do you do?

2. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

your body is likely lacking in the amino acids and fatty acids along with protein that meat is loaded with. try to get it from healthy sources instead of indulging in the cravings and see if it helps control them a bit. they might still be there for a while but should be less intense. complete proteins can come from any combination of:

legumes + seeds
    legumes + nuts
    legumes + dairy
    grains + legumes
    grains + dairy

or maybe buy some soy stuff, either tofu or imitation meat.

your body is just trying to get used to the shift i suppose, but it seems to me the cravings might be coming from a sudden depletion of amino/fatty acids. being vegetarian doesn't just mean avoiding meat, you have to replace the nutrients with something like what i mentioned above. good luck!

http://veggietable.allinfo-about.com/articles/protein.html

3. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

Soy yogurt calms that kind of craving for me.

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Fruit is always good for the sweet tooth. :)

5. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hmm...because of the change in diet, it looks like your body is looking for the most economical sources of energy (fats and sugars).

Try upping your carb intake (potatoes, rice, pasta etc)....you should lose the "sweet tooth" as the extra carbs compensate for the bodies reaction in losing an energy source (meat) :)

6. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

soy chocolate milk..

but it seems everytime i buy it because i'm having a sweet craving.. my kids drink it before i get any.. in fact i better go drink some now:p

7. witchymode

witchymode Member

I turn to adzuki bean dessert for my cravings... never worried about the calories or fat. Sweet tooth without guilt :D Check this one out:
    http://knowingfood.com