why would anyone start a rumour??

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, Jan 28, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

telling people in town that our restaurant is closed, or is going to close??? it doesnt make any sense. we had quite a few people call up asking us if we were still open, and this was during business hours. and one lady told us that some guy told her that he walked up to the restaurant and noticed we were closed and didnt see any furniture in the place. come on. some people go great lengths to take out opposing businesses. I got a feeling its one of the other few steakhouses in town. theyve been losing business since the smoking ban was put in place (or so they say)...... they even had a huge article in the paper about how they are thinking about closing down because the smoking ban took a toll on their business....... boohoo....

do people honestly go out to eat so they can smoke?? I think more people would rather eat where there isnt smoking, dont you agree??

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't like being around cigarette smoke when I am eating out at a restaurant. At a bar it doesn't bother me as much, though I really do not like cigarette smoke at all. It's disgusting.

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I agree with that. I know there are alot of cities that have adopted the smoking ban, but I dont know why so many people are up in arms about it here..... the people that are really complaining about it though, are bars and restaurants, because they claim that they have lost business because of it.

one reason why I dont like it is because, now, since it is cold outside, all the smokers who are working like to go to the backdoor and smoke, while they are still inside. so I still have to breathe that stuff in. they put that law in place to protect the workers mostly. now it makes it worse for me. well at least I dont have to be the smoke while Im eating. people are inconsiderate. thats for sure.

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

even when i quit for other a year... i STILL thought smoking at the bar is sufficient. well, what about a smoking section AT the bar?

kida a compramize.

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

you are still jeopardizing those people that are working.

6. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

not really. if there is no law... dont take a job as a bartender then. no one is forcing you. lots of jobs out there..

btw, i was aggreing about the dinning room.

7. Xac

Xac Visitor

tricky question on one hand i think the buisness should be able to decide how they should run and if the customers dont like they can go somewhere else, the real problem is the protection of the workers who have to endure the smoke which i think is unfair.

back to the original question you were probly right when you said it was an opposing buisness that started the intial rumour... or perhaps some punk just trying to cause a little bit of his/her own anarchy?

8. KarmaComa

KarmaComa Member

I'm a smoker and I don't like someone smoking while I'm eating. I won't smoke if someone at the table is not done eating. That being said.. there was a point for non smoking and smoking sections. It's so a place of business can accomodate all people. A non smoking bar.. hahahahahahah, thats funny.

Thats not what the question was about though, so back on topic.

People are scared of competition. They will go to great lengths to destroy it. Ever heard of that mother that plotted the murder of her childs cheerleading competitor????

9. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

that is odd. i also think smoking around food is nasty, even though im a smoker.