Why will people die?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by myself, May 9, 2007.

1. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

True, as I said before, Thermodynamics agree's with what you (Eugene) just said. I just don't like it when people use clichés to define things.

even so, all the Physics laws we have defined now only explain the universe that we can observe. So far that's only 4 of the possible many dimensions we can observe.

Perhaps when we die there is a great 5 dimensional pulse that we just cannot detect yet, which is our soul transending into the next life. So far any system complicated enough will fuck up 100% of the time, as far as we know it. True. But we still don't know how many factors are included in this system. Please tell me if I stopped making sense.

2. snakeyes

snakeyes Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

the whole point of life and evolution is that individuals must die to be replaced by slightly different copies. Natural selection ensures that, through the replacement of individuals, life goes on and adapts to ever-changing circumstances. We die so that we may live. Death of the individual is not a real problem. The individual is not really what we are. It is just a fleeting illusion created by our ego. What we really are is infinite and eternal. We never truly die