Why was J.M. so crazy?

Discussion in 'Music' started by MistyMountainTop, Aug 27, 2005.

1. MistyMountainTop

MistyMountainTop Member

Besides the drugs and Nietschian (spelling?) philosophy, what made this dude so insane?

Love your neighboor till it hurts

2. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

Insanity is just a chemical thing, often carried by genetics. I'm not sure if Morrison was ever diagnosed schizophrenic or bi-polar or anything, but if he was.. it's not like he could help it or that he made the conscious decision to be nuts.

3. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

well define insane

he was just being himself

4. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

maybe he was just being himself but had so many issues that he appeared to have something very different in the brain.

5. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

Jim Morrison was pure rock n roll! his whole attitude (yes CRAZY!) was one of the main reasons they made it at first. talk about his antics on stage at the Whisky A-Go-Go spread and word got out about this singer that you "just have to go see!!!" but I read a few bios on him and his childhood was no different. he was just one weird individual, with a touch of genius.

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

it distracted people from the fact that he couldnt sing or write good songs.

7. timeoutofmind

timeoutofmind So Many Roads...

haha, yep

8. Laura-the-flowergirl

Laura-the-flowergirl Long haired child

Maybe it was because of all the admiration. Very little people can handle this on a uhm, moderate way.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Well it seems he was pretty shy at first, and drank to overcome that.

I've heard he was mainly a big drinker

and come on now, he was very pretentious, but he did some good stuff...just wish he would have shut about about the indians spirit going into his body :D

10. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

LOL.

11. scents&subtlesou

scents&subtlesou Member

are you retarted? how can you deny the voice of jim Morrison? i can understand you not likeing his lyrics, but his voice was amazing, you can't deny that....

12. citrus_seas

citrus_seas Senior Member

Jim Morrison was one the greatest singer/songwriters/frontmen of the 60's and in the history of rock 'n' roll. True, there is a love/hate realtionship with him, but to deny that he had any talent is ignorant.

13. Lainey

Lainey Member

we're all fucking insane. he just wasnt afraid to express it!

14. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If only Hunter S. did little dances and sang songs...

15. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I felt the same when I was 15.. you really need to explore more music if you consider him to be one of the greatest singer/songwriter/frontmen of the 60s..

what other bands from the 60s do you "listen" to? :rolleyes:

He had his moments, but for the most part he simply just mumbled drunkenly-slurred words into the mic. You cant beat me on this, I've heard more Doors than anyone else on these forums ;) (unless of course they followed him around when he was alive)

16. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

there's too many doors wars on this forum...so I might as well join one of them...

the best point soulrebel made was that at 15 he thought so too. I did too at 15. everybody that hears them at 15 wants to be Jim Morrison. I won't go so far as saying he didn't write any good songs, or can't sing cause I don't think that. I just grew out of thinking they were the greatest band ever. the lyrics Morrison wrote are basically ummm basic. I mean seriously what did he ever SAY? he sure made himself sound like a great poet so I guess that's halfway there but none of what he's said has truly stuck with me. oh yeah, and I like the doors, just not gonna overrate them.

17. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

18. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

He did have a rocky childhood, which pretty much can screw up any person.

19. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I never have gotten into the worshipping thing and I've never gotten into him, spiritually, because I don't feel he did alot for others, as a person... The racism and whatnot. It's just that the greed/selfishness can, at times, be irritating and detract from him and the music, though I believe the doors were about the doors, not Jim Morrison...

20. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

george, man... i think you are an exception to most things that apply to the 15 year old homo-sapien... youve been around for 15 years, but you act like most people do when theyre 20