why volenteer 4 forces

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by paulfreespirit, Jan 14, 2005.

1. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

to all who volenteer .WHY?................CURIOUS TO KNOW / peace is the way forward surely./ i dont want me kids and anyones kids for that matter growing up in a world raveged by war and hate. peace

2. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Have you ever heard " speak softly but carry a big stick, just in case !) soldiers are supposed to be for, just in case ! we can't do without them ....

3. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

Splendid question and I can think of no answer that is sufficient.

4. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

They're used for nothing more than live bomb sweepers......hell the rest of them are hunkered down in the green zone..afraid to stick their heads up. This whole war is a joke

5. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Because its a job. We are the future of the military, and hopfully, things will be in our hands one day. The military does do things besides killing. I may be going on a humanitarian assistance mission soon. Don't let the media rule your thoughts on the whole miliatary there are exceptions to the fact.

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Like hundreds of millions of tsunami aid.

7. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

Like Drew said, we do more than just killing. Did you know that right now 25 of our ships are either in Indonisia or on the way to assist in relief efforts? And yes peace is a wonderful idea but come on, face reality, havent human beings been fighting each other all through recorded history? do you really think that is going to change bacause some people with full bellies and warm beds feel the need to wave some signs around and burn some candles? This world has ALWAYS been "ravaged by war and hate". Sorry to disappoint you.

Wheather it is appreciated or not I serve my country so people may continue to live under the protection of the constitution of the united states of america. so the fuckers on here that think people that do this job are "nothing more than live bomb sweepers" can keep on thinking that and can have the freedom to express those opinions.

by all means pray for peace but until it comes, those of us with our ass on the line will be here. you're welcome. and yes i know you didnt thank me. youre welcome anyway.

8. green_thumb

You're not maintaining our freedom by going to war, but go ahead and think that if it makes dying for your country easier. I'm sure it's hard to admit you've been a fool, so I don't expect you to acknowledge it. But many of us know better.

9. Mui

Mui Senior Member

I would NEVER join the military.
    ever.

gonna die gonna die gonna die for your government? die for your country? thats shit!

10. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

keep on believing that. history shows otherwise. we're fools? what a joke. i would almost be insulted if you werent such an idiot.

11. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Green thumb:
    you totally ignored the 3 previous posts. Were you molested by the military as a child or something? Why the extreme detest at all times? Sometimes you need to look past the war. Everyone knows the war is going on, you don't need to reiterate this everytime you post in here.

12. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Explain to me a better way to die: Drug overdoses? Aids? Setting your self ablaze in front of the white house?

13. green_thumb

Extreme detest? You are clearly mental. Why are you so sensitive to what I write? Stop obsessing over my posts, other have posted the same feelings.

So what if the military provides aid also, we don't need the military to do that. If we didn't have a military we would have some other gov. agency do it. Yes, kill people and then provide relief for them, sounds brilliant.

14. Mui

Mui Senior Member

in my personal opinion, and I know that you are never going to agree with me...
    any way of dying is better than supporting the fascist american government.

sum of the first things they do when you join the military is brainwash the shit out of you.

15. green_thumb

You've got to be kidding.

I think you should read and then reread what you write and then delete it instead of posting.

16. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

I think my IQ has dropped 6 points since you have started posting.

17. green_thumb

It certainly looks that way.

18. green_thumb

Yes you are fools.

I think it's horrid that you've used a MLK quote in your sig, he would never support this war you moron. He was all about PEACE. He didn't mean dying for your government either. Besides, I'm not against you dying, just you killing.

19. goldmund

goldmund Member

I hope left-wingers join the military en masse! Think of what a different fighting force we'd have. From basic recruits, all the way up, war would be thought of in much different terms, respect of basic human rights, culture, international law, human life, non-lethal weaponry, etc. etc.
    We need a military, but one that is connected to the ideas and beliefs of at least half of our populace, not one that is as unabashedly conservative as it is today. I believe a military more in line with humanitarian values and respect for human life would have better military success via support from local peoples whose respect we have nurtured and won.

I think it's a stretch at this point in time to think that we could do without a military. We just need to use it much more responsibly.

As for new volunteers, many good common, everyday people join for all sorts of reasons: to support a family, to see the world (much of the military comes from rural America), to pay for college, and yes, even to have a positive impact on foreign policy and the way it is carried out around the world.

20. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

A military which defended our own soil from outside aggression would be perfectly acceptable and would be expected of any society. One which pursues expeditionary and unilateralist war of aggression on another nation's soil, wreaking the level of destruction we have shown ourselves capable of, is anathema to every principle we claim to represent (and to which Washington expects other nations to hold).

The guiding ethos of our MIC is the forceful imposition of corporate hegemony not defence of our own nation nor its "liberty".

Soldiers which die under such a neo-colonialist principle are no better than those our against whom our grandfathers fought in WWII or those against whom our civilian militia's fought for our nation's original independence. They do not serve "America", that is merely the jingoistic PR ingrained into our troops by our military to rationalise the slaughter they are inevitably called on to perpetrate. What they really serve are the corporate interests which control Washington's policymaking and which profit from the enormous budgetary allocations that war affords.