Why psytrance is so good (The Power of The Alpha State..)

Discussion in 'Ambient and Trance' started by PsyGrunge, May 12, 2009.

1. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Noticed a couple of psyfreakz in here so thought I'd share this..

Harmonics are the ratios or relationships between two or more waveforms, the sum of which can produce an output of harmony or imbalance. This relationship of frequencies can be experienced through many forms, such as nature, music, art, astrology, architecture and mathematics. A lot of psytrance can be seen as a carefully constructed harmonic balance of virtual sounds, which when experienced in the right circumstances this type of music can create a means of therapeutic escapism for the full on music lovers, via the induction of alpha brain states. The alpha state (8 cycles per second) is the frequency at which the other 90% of your brain becomes active, This is also the frequency at which your DNA repairs itself, you can begin to access your sub-concious states and abilities, and you electromagnetically and psychically connect through the aether of the planet with all living things! The tempo range of psychedelic trance works to binaurally entrain your brains frequency to the alpha state with the 4/4 pulse combined with the 16th note bassline at specific tempos. Ancient shamanistic techniques, evolving simultainously and symbiotically with the age of technology. A computer driven millisecond perfect pulse, combined with journey inducing psychedelic stimulus take the listener into an altered state of conciousness. The effects of this psychedelic musical dimension are experienced both externally and internally, physically and mentally, which i belive creates a bridge between both the physical and metaphysical planes. The ramifications of thise dimensionally bridging experiences can be life changing and transformative for many of us. I beleive that as we are 80% liquid crystal state (water) we are charged like crystals, receiving, storing and transmitting positive and negative charge, which is why I see it very important to put fully positive charge behind this music, and in turn into your waters, as this water also has memory. The geometric structure of music holds true spiral form, through the octaves and exponential frequency curve, which means it is a true reflection of the creative processes of nature, DNA and the micro/macrocosm. These harmonically structured reflections of nature are what create this 'extra' dimension, which stimulates your entire brain during the listening experience, this causes deeper effects than we can ever conciously recognise. Mantras of the infinate. E.V.P. Harmonic Module.

2. Exar

Exar Member

what psytrance artists would you recommend as being the most positive?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I love psytrance, good read, thanks

4. PsyGrunge

more than welcome.

what do you mean by most positive, exar?
    i listen to a HUGE range of electronic psychedelic music (e.g. psybient, psybreaks, psytrance, etc.)..

within psychedelic trance, i listen to a large variety of sub genres (favourite being darkpsy (although im getting more into original Goa these days - which is kinda similar to darkpsy in structure n bass..), but also love full-on, minimal/progressive, etc. etc. (darkpsy in itself these days has many different types of variants such as (unofficially speaking) forest/organic/machine/robotic/spiritual/bouncy/droning/twisted horror, so on so forth). the boundaries are practically limitless. people are doing new things all the time, and i tend to keep on top of the psy scene. being a producer myself (just polished off a new tune which is a personal blend of dark and full-on... check my profile..) - i can fully appreciate that there are endless possibilities when producing music digitally.

this is why i love psytrance and a wide range of electronic psychedelic music that gets the brain ticking on multiple levels simultaneously, and will never settle for your standard dance music in a 4/4 timing with a not-too-original melodic structure and nothing in terms of polyphonic texture with unexpected visitors like a spectrum of sound effects, projecting the waves from inner space while hinting at frequencies that exist just outside of your sensory perception (that'll have you juggling neurons and twisting the game) or any commercial, talentless mainstream music for that matter.

5. braden

braden Member

I agree fully. Darkpsy is probably my favourite subgenre. I hate subgenres, but you really can't compare darkpsy to anything.

Even sober it sends chills up and down my spine.

6. PsyGrunge

7. braden

braden Member

Atriohm is the chronic!

Lately I've been enjoying The Delta (Minusman) on vinyl as well as Grapes of Wrath.

-edit- : thanks for the link, I'll have a listen.

8. braden

braden Member

That track is awesome. I'm gonna look into getting the album.
    This is the kinda darkpsy I like :D Thanks.

9. PsyGrunge

10. braden

braden Member

Oh god, how awesome. Thank you.!!!1

Seriously though, if you find a link to this on vinyl, hook it up as well, I've been trying to get my hands on some dark vinyl... it's not as easy as I would have suspected.

11. PsyGrunge

Ahh, not too sure about that. With Pioneer CDJ Mk3's, I've never had the need for vinyl.. but will be sure to keep an eye out.

Enjoy that album!

12. braden

braden Member

Are those the 800s or 1000s? I used to have an M-Audio Xponent that I frequently gigged with, but alas these rough economic times I've been persuaded to sell most of my gear except my Mackie SR1530z's (I will never rid myself of these loudspeakers, even if I become homeless, hahaha) ... all I'm left with are these Mackies and a Stanton STR8-100.

Thanks.

13. PsyGrunge

The 1000's, mate.. http://www.xcitemusic.com/images/ProdImages/cdj1000mk3-3.jpg

I use an M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 midi controller for production. It's a real nifty bit of kit and ideal for transporting.

You can hear my original material (and there's 3 of my older mixes in youtube form embedded below the player) at.. http://www.myspace.com/psychedelian

I've been producing for 4/5 months and self taught everything I know..

There's even a couple of my LimpBizkit covers (with a twist, of course.. - 'Hot Dog' and 'Creamer' :p) uploaded to this page.

I'm interested in what you think!! :)

Thanks.

14. ishikabe

ishikabe Member

Thanks for sharing.

15. PsyGrunge

Hey, thanks for checking it out :p

PLUR!!

16. rishi_083

rishi_083 Guest

My Favourite - High-Tech Trance and Darkpsy!!

Psytrance does a lot of good things to us:
    - Stimulating brain power
    - Releasing Endorphins (the happy Chemicals in our brain)
    - It enhances the Cognition (which in-turn makes you damn brilliant in every damn thing you do)
    - And the list of positive things goes onnnn!!!

Anyway, I also wanted to state that Shrooms with Psytrance simply makes you feel god :)

17. Imam Mahdi

Imam Mahdi Guest

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I really enjoyed the op. I've recently (within the past couple weeks) been producing some psytrance.

19. Imam Mahdi

Imam Mahdi Guest

20. psylar

psylar Guest

you put in words exactely what I feel,tnx for writing this :)
    I jUst googled what: does psytrance do to the brain and I came up to this link.
    I allways knew something more than just music was going on.
    tears of joy, and chills over my spine all the way and even in a sober state
    Just wish my English was better, so I could understand more you wrote :)