why on earth do people do this sort of thing??

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, May 22, 2007.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

split their fuckin tongue????? are you for real?????? why???? and put metal implants in their wrists........ and tattoo their whole face?????? I dont get it. whats up with people?

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

People like to get attention and like to feel unique.

That's one way of achieving those things.

As simple as that.

Some people dress up in hippie clothes and march to get attention... it isn't too different, ya know... a tad less extreme... but with the same subconscious goal.

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

but why?? it makes no sense to be unique when everyone does it....... they see a person split their tongue and think, OHHH I need to do that to be a unique and individual person...... makes no sense to me. plus its kinda gross

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

People think they're being unique by doing that shit, when in reality they're just copying some other sorry loser. These people are also incredibly narcissistic and place more importance over how many tattoos and piercings they have over anything that has any real importance in the world. I know I am generalizing, but still. These people are just as shallow and materialistic as the people many of them attack for being "conformists."

5. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Must there be a why? In fact, is a why even possible?

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

They don't truly think it, but that's the motive behind it.

It's the motive behind most so called "self-expression".

Why the tongue shit? A lack of originality, low self-esteem, enjoyment of pain, and usually excess body weight mixed with liking Manson's music.

7. Pressed_Rat

My question is, who the fuck even thought of that? Splitting your tongue? I am sorry, but anyone who does that has some serious problems that go way beyond having a small weiner and having to compensate for their insecurities by mutilating themselves.

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Maybe they really like snakes.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I saw this really skinny chick with a split tongue...... and she was actually not too bad lookin, until I saw that split tongue thing goin on.......

10. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

If it's no skin off your nose, why do you care?

11. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

because Im subject to having to see it. maybe I dont want to see people mutilate themselves like that. why do I have to be subject to their deformities??

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Who cares about what you want to see or not? Honestly.

I think people should have the right to cut their penis in half, colour it purple, and walk around naked in public.

It's all about what every person wants to do as long as they're not hurting anyone else.

If you don't want to see split-tongues, no matter how silly they might be, then just don't stare into people's mouths... honestly.

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

its hurting my eyes. and corrupting people like me.

14. LilianaRose

LilianaRose Member

Hmm. I don't think it really matters why people choose to do these things. It's their body, and their own form of expression. I happen to know an extremely cool guy who has his tongue split (along with many piercings and tattoos) and he is one of the sweetest people I know. And he has some awesome dreads. :)
    http://profile.ak.************/profile2/149/83/n20703197_29211.jpg

15. Pressed_Rat

I agree that people have the right to do what they want, and frankly, I don't care. But I equally have the right to criticise these people for being attention-starved poseurs. Just as others have the right to attack ME for the things I believe.

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

With that, I completely agree.

17. Pressed_Rat

Exactly how did you happen to see this girl's tongue, Ryan?

18. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Nothing really matters.

But... it's interesting to analyze what leads people to do something like that.

19. LilianaRose

LilianaRose Member

Nobody's attacking, but to be fair...You put yourself in this position by judging a group of people. Yes, you definitely have the right to your own opinion, as does everyone...but really, what are you gaining from this? This is supposed to be a place to love and accept people, not judge and ridicule them.

20. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Attacking a person's beliefs is in another league to attacking the person for the way he or she looks.