Why love is nesessary

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Sun Goddess, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Sun Goddess

Sun Goddess Member

I think I found out why love is so necessary. Maybe I'm just late finding this out or maybe I am the only one who has... I don’t know.

See the way I thought about it the other night all made sense. They say one is the loneliest number, but it is not. The reason why is because having love is being one. Think about sex. At that moment you are connected to your partner which makes you and who you are with a single being. Once you are connected through each other, you are connected to everything else in existence. Becoming one with someone is becoming one with the world. That feeling of completion is satisfying and for an instant, fulfilling. Love is like a key to a gate of a beautiful garden like in Alice in Wonderland. Once that key fits, the gate will open and you will gain entry to the garden (or feeling of rightness in the world). It makes everything fall into place and everything feel acceptable (at least to me).

Am I making sense or am I just rambling?

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I don't need another single special person to be one with the world, or especially to love.

3. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i agree with you sir hmmm
    but miss i would very much like some of the drugs you are taking
    yes
    :)

4. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

what if i have the key but no gate and no garden?
    where is my wonderland???aaaa!!!!

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So far I agree with everyone in this thread! Also, there's almost nothing that feels as good as love. And feeling good is not unnessessary neither. :)

6. Sun Goddess

Sun Goddess Member

well I do admit when thinking about it I was high. I thought it was cool that way...
    But I didn't mean that in order to be one with the world you must have love. I just meant that love gives a feeling of oneness.. or at least it does to me.

So its just me?

7. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

There is only one reality, as subjective as it may be. Infinite perceivers, but only one being, that envelopes all of us. :) Your on the rite track!

8. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

I don't think the love needs to be exclusive though- I think it's important to be able to be open and madly in love with everyone...

9. enlightenment

enlightenment Member

Sun Goddess, you're not rambling. You're making so much sense!

You've pretty much described the essence of love, as I found it and see it (and it has been one of the greater discoveries in my life): Love is all about connectedness. That moment of connectedness is perfect in any way, it's beyond everything. Even beyond time. It is capable of giving us a sense of eternity.

That's the main thing. And love towards a partner is just one of the human expressions of it...

Well, that's how I read your post, at least... :)

Love,
    e.

10. Sun Goddess

Sun Goddess Member

I agree. I love everyone and everything... but I do think that a bond between two people is strong and there is something a tad more special about that. I'm not saying that love for everyone is not special - just that the feeling of completion, or finding a person's other half, (to me at least) is stronger than just loving everything. I hope that is understood the way I wanted to say it because I can't find the exact words for what I mean.

11. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

nah, I totally understand :)

I think just for me personally I feel most one when I realise that I have equal love for everyone on earth.

12. Sun Goddess

Sun Goddess Member

I use to think that all the time. I also use to think that there was no such thing as a soul mate. Sometimes I still do think those things but then I see people that truly convene me that I am wrong. That was one of my motivations actually. I was walking around at the park (its beautiful this time a year where I live) and I see these two people that looked like they were in maybe their mid 60s and it really touched me to see them. Just the kiss on the forehead that the woman gave the man made me want to cry. It was so beautiful.