Why just homosexuals?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Gravity, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I've been wondering, why do Christians get so hot and bothered by homosexuals? Basically it's because of Leviticus 20:13:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them

There are other things in the bible that their God tells us not to do. eg, if your teenagers are rebellious, you have to kill them. Presumably if you don't you are breaking god's command, so therefore if you are in such a situation, and you go to a christian adoption clinic, they should ask you if you have killed your rebellious teenagers, and approve you only if you have done so (preferably by stoning!) Surely this is an odd criteria for being given a child?

Perhaps also they will be annoyed (on God's behalf) if you work on a Sunday. Actually i'd prefer not to work on any day, but I don't get the choice and I guess a lot of other people don't either. In that case it seems inevitable that there will be a schism in the church over appointing priests who once worked on a sunday?

So, why is it just homosexuals?

2. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

The usual justification I think is because most who oppose homosexuality will cite Jesus(or Paul) talking about the Law being no good anymore, and then cite Paul talkin about how homosexuality is bad. There may be other justiucations as well dealing with moral versus ritual laws or something.

3. Gratefully Dawg

Gratefully Dawg Member

It isnt "just homosexuals". Theres a lot of things that are hot issues within christianity. The whole idea of homosexuality is that its considered sexual immorality. Sex before marriage is the same thing. They're sins. Christians who hate homosexuals aren't following the right idea anyway,
    hate the sin, not the sinner.
    And it is in more of the bible, so anyone who says it isn't just hasn't payed attention. They usual don't blatantly say homosexual relations but they say unnatural or shameful relations.

4. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

my question would be what defines a sin, and why is something a sin.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

sin is a less than good choice . homosexuality can be considered a neurotic erotic choice .

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's a good question. Paul provides a laundry list of offenses that keep you from getting into heaven, including certain forms of homosexual activity, but also adultery and fornication. Jesus said not a single word about homosexuality, but he had lots to say against divorce, and much more to say about not taking care of the poor. So the rich married conservative who conemns "sodomites" but is "getting a little" on the side from his mistress while voting to cut benefits for poor people is simply a hypocrite.

7. Gratefully Dawg

Gratefully Dawg Member

^wow, i dont even know how to respond to that. It's not in the bible i use and when i look in my reference book theres nothing of the sort in there either. I can definatley say that it doesnt really pertain to the thread or my post at all. way to go

8. MotherLoveBone

MotherLoveBone Member

I dont know its a strange obsession they have. And with some biblical fundamentalists, its just like some of the people who talk the most about the constitution...if it favors them, they are quick to praise it, but if it goes against their motives they will not hesitate to completely disregard it. Hypocrisy at its height.

9. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

It's in the old testament. Look up the new testament.

10. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

that dont answer a thing, but i know that you were a rebelius teen at 1 point (not so long ago) and werent stoned to death

shouldnt ya be condemning your parents to fell for not killing you?

its all just a book, a fantastic fantasy, full of ghosts and goblins and magical creatures that create and destroy worlds
    its the harry potter of the middle ages
    but remember, its all just a story..
    and the most rediculouse story ever told too, is there 1 single thing in the bible thats not contradicted somewhere else in the bible?
    on 1 page it says be a decent human being and the next it says rape murder and destroy just cause i say so
    love thy neighbour but enslave thy neighbour..love yoiur fellow man..unless youir fellow man is a man then its an abomination
    thou shallt not kill..but kill all the queers ..kill the baby killers..kill the muslims..kill entire citys if youir in a bad mood..
    if satan is the master of lies, then satan would be the author of the bible