why is purple such a popular color for sex toys?

Discussion in 'Sex Toys' started by kitty fabulous, Jan 10, 2005.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i don't get it. maybe its just passion parties, but now that i think about it...why does it seem like so many sex toys come in purple? just flipping through my catalog, there's several different bullet toys, the hollow strap-on, the jelly osaki, the pearl shine,the micro orb, love wand, butterfly, a couple of g-spot vibes, the "big thriller", the love smitten...all purple. what's up with that? we have a lot of pink stuff, too, but the majority of stuff is purple. is it just my company? is purple supposed to be a sexy color or something? or is there for some reason a surplus of glittery purple vinyl that winds up in sex toys because nobody knows what else to do with it? what's up with all the purple?

2. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.

According to surveys, almost 75 percent of pre-adolescent children prefer purple to all other colors. Purple is a very rare color in nature; some people consider it to be artificial.

Light purple is a good choice for a feminine design.

Light purple evokes romantic and nostalgic feelings.
    Dark purple evokes gloom and sad feelings. It can cause frustration.

3. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

maybe alot of ladies like some grape flavored toys? i dunno but funny story.. this dude i know said one time his cousin was going around his moms stuf and found a grape flavored vibrator/dildo

4. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

why would he taste his moms dildo?

5. kitty fabulous

well i should hope that my pre-adolescent children wouldn't be messing around with my jelly osaki, even if it is purple! :eek: maybe i should lock my drawer.

the dark purple is actually the most popular color, at least for the toys we carry. there are a few lighter purple toys, don't know whether they're supposed to be a more "feminine" design, but for some reason most of them also have little flakes of silver glitter. we even have this new deep purple g-spot vibe that glows with violet-colored light.

something i don't understand: purple cyberskin. if they go through all this trouble in a lab or whatever to invent a material for sex toys that is supposed to feel like real skin, then why do they make it purple??? i don't get it.

i lie awake at night, wondering about stuff like this...

6. kitty fabulous

eeeeeewwww.....

that's it i am definately locking that drawer!

7. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

i dunno how that worked out ... B...U....T!... your a mother now you shouldnt have any orgasms

8. kitty fabulous

*clubs Revenant Phantasm to death with giant purple jelly vibe*

9. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Becoming a mother is like an oath to no orgasming.

10. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

my favorite color is light purple.

11. anok4uok

anok4uok Member

eh, this really doesn't have to do with this, well it does slightly with the meaning of purple stated above, i agree with it and a sense of relation to it, but it brought up one of my own philosophies to mind, and i felt like sharing it. i've come to feel that black symbolizes wisdom. to me they (black & wisdom) have the greatest relation above all other comparisons that have been given to it (often compared to more negative characteristics). i think this because black takes in every color (shade might be included as well, not sure). it is also deep. a good symbolic comparison to me, is space, which also looks black. of course it's only an illusion. anyway, just as wisdom is gained through an abundance of experience in life and the consciousness of all the experiences, black is gained through the taking in of all color. although i think somethings can probably contradict this, but for the most part i've always felt this to be as close to accurate as i can get. if i'm not correct i think art classes say this too (about the mixture of all colors equalling black, not the part in relation to wisdom).

p.s. sorry for talking about a different topic in the love & sex forum.

12. kitty fabulous

*ties up revenant phantasm with purple decorating cord and fuzzy purple handcuffs, and paddles him with big purple paddle, until he too is purple*

13. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

im sure your mother didnt orgasm when she concieved you..
    your mom just probably shitted you out...

14. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

Purple is my favorite color that's why I chose my purple vibrator. :)

15. Nightenchantress

Nightenchantress Member

wow...
    honestly, even for hipforums, this amazes me.

Do we all honestly have this much time on our hands to realize this?
    Observational of you I suppose.

16. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

It appeals to women and gays?

17. Nightenchantress

Nightenchantress Member

*rolls her eyes*
    Oi.
    OI OI OI OI OI!

WHAT?! THE HELL!?! Does that mean?

Ok I am too frustrated tonight for this...

*shuffles off*

18. Duck

It means 'it appeals to women and gays' could be a reason. I thought that was pretty clear. What the fuck else could it mean? I ain't tryin' to be prejudice or anythin' but, women and gays are a lot more likely to like purple than straight dudes.

19. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

um, I don't like the colour purple. If I had my choice of colours for a vibe, it'd either be flesh coloured or black (because black goes with everything). Hmmm, maybe a leopard spotted one (I'm sure I've seen one somewhere) because that'd just be silly and fun.

I guess probably the manufacturers figure it's a non-threatening, somewhat girly colour. Personally, I think it's one of the worst colours out there (lime green, pastel pink and hot pink being the only worse ones) for vibes.

20. Duck

I think flesh colored ones are ugly as hell, I guess that's cause they most resemble cocks.