Why is mescaline so scarce?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by LSDawson, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSDawson

LSDawson Member

(and acid for that matter, although that is a discussion for another day, im exhausted from thinking about the lack of good acid and acid in general today)

anyway, why is it that mescaline is so damn scarce?? and to those of you who are a bit older and were able to experience times of mescaline, what was the mesc scene like in it's peak. was it easy to find? was it always legit?

walking in place,
    Dawson

2. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i'd like to hear people's stories on tripping mesc

3. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Here are a bunch of trip reports.

I also have been wanting to try mesc for a while, but good luck getting it around here. Maybe if I go to Toronto... Maybe.

4. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Mescaline is scarce because it can't make money. The underground drug market, save most of the lsd trade, is propelled by the desire to get rich. Mescaline requires high dosages, and from what I understand, you get low yields.

5. 2cesarewild

Most of the shit people say they've taken as mescaline, is almost always LSD. I've even talked to hippies who were alive in the drug heyday of the late 60s through the 70s who were duped into buying microdots of LSD, under the impression that it was mescaline. Plus, today, some rc's are like the mescaline experience.

6. Weinberg43

Weinberg43 Member

Hello I am wondering what are good things to trip off of. Usually I go field hunting with my guide book for mushrooms but season wont start for a while and I dont want to wait. Preferably something that doesnt leave me vunlurable for getting caught like with Ketamine. Lsd is too powerful in my opinion and my brother told me about this one man who took it once and tripped for the rest of his life. I read on one website you could buzz/ trip off of green tea. I didnt have the leaves so I just smoked the little packets. I emptied it out and lit it up. Unfortunately all that happened was I got a massive headache and had that strange taste in my mouth from smoking. Morning glory seeds are fun but once again very powerful and once again not in season. Help me out if you would be kind enough.

7. 2cesarewild

Michael thank you for that regurgitation of things we're all aware of. Anywho, weinberg, no one has ever eaten acid and 'tripped' forever. Some people have had underlying mental problems that surface due to their use of the drug. However, this only happens in a small number of users. Some people have developed schizo-* disorders from their prolonged over use of lsd. Don't try to find a legal way to 'get a buzz.' Tripping isn't just having a buzz, it can get pretty intense, and besides, legal ways to get buzzes are generally pretty stupid.

8. Joe Cool

Joe Cool Member

like nutmeg

....fuck

9. Mr Mojo Risin'

Mr Mojo Risin' How are you 'now'?

Nutmeg.. is just strange.. I never fancied taking large amounts of it. But I am not in to feeling spaced, I want to experience something. Ayahuasca/DMT, LSD and Mushrooms and a like are where it's (±§~it~±§'s) at .

You should be careful about just smoking something like Green tea, if it gives you a headache it is probably cos it's toxic, just because somethng is edible doesn't mean you can smoke it, chemical changes take place when something burns, be careful.

10. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

michael im just curious...i have seen acid many times and ive seen people trip acid many times (it is quite obvious they are not faking). If acid is so scarce that only 2 or 3 people make it, what is it that my friends are getting. possibly a dirty version on lsd?

11. 2cesarewild

Although there are only a handful of labs in the world that make LSD, it is being made and distributed. Michael is just messed.

12. Weatherman

Weatherman Member

I read an article a while back which basically stated that while acid is still in good supply, the actual chemical LSD is not. Why? Because the people making it aren't exactly the second incarnations of Oswely. The acid that is made is a broken down version of LSD, various analogues possibly. Still makes you trip your balls off though.

13. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

So what do you believe acid is?

14. crimson sun dance

crimson sun dance Member

i like how everyones voice sounds monstrouse on peyote its pretty funny

15. GTA83

GTA83 Member

Pure Mesc is one of the most clear minded and spiritual trips, the shear profoundness of shrooms, with the energy of acid, and the great body buzz somewhat reminiscent of E. At least in my opinion.

It feels very earthy and as if wherever you are is home. I never experienced much visuals with it at the dose I had, but it made colors especially greens much brighter and gave micoscopic vision qualitys, there was some definate pattern distortion also.

I fell in love with the outdoors after that experience, and it seemed to make you see the beauty in the world and man's role withen it seemed highly comical. When the four hour peak was over after a few more hours you seem to enter a self anylitical phase about yourself, but you don't get upset about things that are wrong you just take it as sompthing learned and think about how to fix it, and usually after both experiences i followed through completly.

16. *CHAMELEON*

*CHAMELEON* Member

Mescaline is not scarce.One may find a legal source at your local nursery.
    The sacred San Pedro cactus also known as trichocereus pachanoi. There are however 10 other trichocereus cacti species that contain mescaline in useable amounts sufficient enough for a estatic journey.A plant of about 18 inches will run you around 15 dollars and is sufficent for three to four journeys.Or one or two strong experiences.
    [​IMG]

17. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

My mom has a cactus that looks alot like that! She's had it for quite a while, since she was in her teens, I think, but its never grown too big because its still in the same small pot. I think we're going to transplant it soon though we probably wont ever try to trip from it, she'd be upset if I hurt the little cacti =P

18. 2cesarewild

We weren't talking about cactii, we're talking about synthetic mescaline.

19. august west

august west Member

forgive my ignorance,but isnt mescaline from the lophiplori williamsi cactus,not the san pedro?i"ve partaken of san pedro(interesting trip)but not the williamsi.both are easily available (ebay and garden centres)and very cheap!

20. 2cesarewild

Mescaline is the main active alkaloid in both cactii. Peyote is illegal in America, and hard to obtain in most places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.