why is it that...

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by CoRriNieRiNniE, Jun 25, 2006.

1. CoRriNieRiNniE

CoRriNieRiNniE Member

why is it that if a women sleeps with alot of men shes a whore and if a man sleeps with alot of chicks hes a "pimp"? thats a question ive been asking myself forever now... i hope somebody can help me out on this!

2. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

Society's double standards...

3. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A whore is someone who doesnt respect themselves and the gift that she gives, it is comendable to celebrate your feminine sex and to go and do what you want when you want it and with whom....but respect it.

The men who are "pimps" respect neither themselves or the woman they get with, and the only ones who call him the pimp are of the same narrow mindset.

You are a goddess sister, you celebrate it.

4. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

IMO I think if either sleep with alot of people than they are whores

5. spooner

spooner is done.

Because the valued masculine virtue is experience while the the valued feminine one is purity.

6. heron

I dont agree with that. It was fashionable at one point in our history for women to be the experienced one, because sex is sacred, and to be enjoyed, shared and respected.

In most cultures of europe, pre-christianity, women with children were more prized as wives than a virgin.

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

because men are assholes
    the people that view it that way are hypocrites and you should not listen to me

both men and women can be sluts

and don't just put this all on one side
    there are feminists and such that love to use the term womanizer, but there has never been a term 'maninzer'

all genders can be overly sexual, all genders can use and manipulate other people for sex

8. baloon

baloon Member

is it because you can't tell if a man had a lot of women by (other than his skills)?
    maybe because the girl is the one who becomes a mother before he becomes a father, and therefore a man values somewhat less experienced mother
    is it because only a woman knows whose child it is (and there are many fathers who raise someone elses kids)

but overall, it is a belief that was created in a society that is still dominated by men in both hemispheres

9. Pmeth

Pmeth Member

agreed. :p

10. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

You know, these ways of thinking are totally useless and are not even worth considering when you go out into the real world, start working, going to school and taking care of your aging parents.

They just don't matter when you've comfortable with yourself and established with who you are as a person.

Eventually, all the pimps and whores become so distanced from who you are as a person as you grow up, that it's not even worth thinking about anymore. Do not fret.

11. Pmeth

Pmeth Member

another great point.
    Who cares what other people say....

12. CoRriNieRiNniE

CoRriNieRiNniE Member

yeah. i guess. but im just wondering what the difference is

13. heron

we all gave opinions on it corrine, some good some not....what did you think of them?

14. chameleon_789

chameleon_789 Member

It's a pride thing... pimps are men who like to feel like they've mastered the art of getting with women, they see getting women into bed as a challenge which they've overcome, a tool for increasing alpha-male status if you like.. On the other hand, women who get with a lot of men are seen as whores because they are seen as an easy lay, thus not a challenge, not a tool for increasing alpha-male status.. and that's really all it boils down to. Not everyone see's sex like that though, and they are the people you should be fucking :D

15. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I was with a guy that has been around the block a couple times....he sucked. I've been with a guy that hadn't slept with any other women (and no men)....and he was damn good in bed.
    How does one become a parent before the other? If a guy impregnates a girl, they become parents at the same time. ;)

I think a girl is only a slut if she carries herself a slut. Sleeping with a lot of people doesn't make you a whore....your attitude does.

16. heron

Maybe..on a less spiritual side than my other post, it is that males of a species have a seed to spread, and women can only become pregnant by one male,per nine months, while one male can impregnate countless amounts of women in that time.

Biology always gives insight.

17. plume7reaction

plume7reaction Member

people still have certain mindsets about women...even you and i. unfortunately i doubt that will change any time soon.