Why Is Almost Every Show Based On A "competition"?

Discussion in 'TV' started by Yogamat, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    I for one was taking notes.

2. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

ah, fair enough, so quite a few european countries do, I know Australia has an improv show called "thank god you're here" and their own version of QI. We tend to import formats and shows from the US so I would have thought I'd know of theirs if they have them, but nothing springs to mind.

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

You do know that you are talking to someone who is thrilled each time that a new season of master chef Australia starts, right. :)

I love these shows as they also inspire me to stretch and not only try new things but to also accept my own disasters in the kitchen. Thankfully only judged by me and the waste bin :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think such formats come from anywhere. For example Idols and 'The voice of...' are from the Netherlands originally. They were sold to so many countries i would almost forget they were dutch.

5. PeatBog

PeatBog Member

I think all of these shows where people get voted off by process of elimination are designed to train the populace in capitalistic thinking. Or maybe not, but they do a good job of it anyways.