Why I think young teens shouldn't trip

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Sam_Stoned, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

I'm ready to take a flaming for this.

But you know what, I feel that you need to come to terms with the world as a human being on your own merits first. You need to be able to understand and accept life without needing anything first.

Coming of age IS a trip on it's own. Lets say you're 16 years old... you already just a few years from having your whole ideas of what the world is proven wrong. You've spent your whole childhood and this much of your teen years coming to know what you do thus far. You don't need drugs to be extremely confused and have your world view change. It's coming on it's own and you should learn how to deal with it with a strait mind before you start experimenting with heavy drugs.

Just my humble opinion, it's probably wrong anyway.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

right

3. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

I Concur :)

4. Jolie Dawson

Jolie Dawson Member

Your own opinion can never be wrong. And I agree with you.

5. Positive.Vibrations

Positive.Vibrations Guest

Well I was a teenage lesbien who roamed the town intoxicated with her girlfriend on pretty much any drug we could find and experience together and make love on. That's how I got into drugs. Was I not ready, well idk I handled it pretty well and raised myself to be an ok person. I matured a lot younger than most people and flew the roost too young. I can't change the past, nor would I, and I had a hell of a good time growing up. And I will forever love my first girlfriend.

6. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

Just coming from my experience... the point in my life where I started doing drugs is the same point where life starts to drastically change for anybody. In retrospect, I wish I would have dealt with that and realized the world more before I put so much time into getting high and stunted myself emotionally and my maturity.

Everything would have been easier for me if I would have thought "First I'm going to deal with importiant things like getting a good education and learning to connect with people on more than a superficial level. And once I sort of figure out my standing in the world and figure out some good ways to deal with life on lifes terms.. I can get as high as I want."

These are just mistakes I made, it may not hold true for everyone... but it makes good sense to me. And if I'm ever a father, that's what I'll teach my children.

Edit: But at the same time, I could have just as easily made all those mistakes later. Then instead of being 22 and having no where to go but up, I could be 22 and just loosing everything. Who knows, just try your hardest. lol

At the end of a day, we're just a bunch of people who were made in a dark room and thrown onto this huge rock together.

7. Positive.Vibrations

You have to live to learn, and if you don't live early it can cause more problems for maturity and emotional issues in the long run.

I agree dosing at a young age is not for everyone though..

8. Nocturnes

Nocturnes Member

When i was a team, Cannabis and mushrooms helped with my depression, i think that teens should only trip in MODERATION.

9. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

i dont think tripping is for everyone at any age, but i dont see tripping young as a problem. the world we live in is nuts. the social dynamics and indoctrination the youth are subjected to and imprinted by these days is pretty fucked up. psychs for the right minds at the right times can really help cut through the bullshit in wonderful ways. the sooner you can see through nonsence, the better off you'll be for the rest of your life.

positive vibes said it best imo..." if you don't live early it can cause more problems for maturity and emotional issues in the long run."

10. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

Okay, good point. But even if you look at the people in history (and to this day) who used psychedelic drugs as a holy sacrament, they didn't give it to kids either. In most cases, the right to take that right of passage came with years of training and study. Like that tribe in south america where when a young man decides to become a shaman or 'medicine man' he goes through a series of rituals that involves taking DMT. But he has to devote his life to it.

In the end I don't know what's right. All I can do is speculate and just go with what feels right at the time.

11. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I agree with you, to an extent, but I also feel that some teens are more mature and can handle their trips better than some older people. I've known MANY young teens who were better suited for psychedelics than some people my age or even older. It all depends on the individual, imo.

12. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

What! Are you crazy! what an Ass you are!!!!!!

There, you've been flamed.
    But I tend to agree with you, But I honestly feel that smoking weed regularly as a teen does more harm and emotional stunting than tripping does.
    I say that from both personal experience and based on some recent studies that would suggest that people who started smoking weed regularly as young teens have more "issues" shall we say then those who started smoking in their twenty's. It has to do with the development of the endocrine system and shit which develops a lot during puberty.

13. kobilica

kobilica Member

Well, my first trip was at age of 15 on 2C-I (what a bad combo), and, it was seriously strong, because I tried it alone. Trip was quite future like, like, everything got futuristic, I was in future. And, there I got idea what people will be like in future, and, it proved to be quite right in most cases. I tripped of 2C-I crazily after that (5x), then I saw how fucked up things got I just stopped. For info, I almost never had crazy visuals and that, just nice body load, stimulation+euphoria, and introspective thinking. So, I'd say that week of tripping was more positive than negative. I feel it changed me for better, I started appreciating people more than before, and I started to think with my own head.

Negative: I think a bit of HPPD, but I do know I had those effects before I even tried any substance. So, I am used to it from the point of my birth :>

After that, I tried 2C-E, 2C-C, I think 6 months later. I was 16.

We did it with friends, whose are aged at 17,18.

So, now that I know what tripping is like, I'd kinda wished to try those things when I would be like 18, but what the heck, I don't regret it.

Trips were bad and good, boring and super fun. So yeah, I will go to next destination when we will go to vacation with friends, in like 3 months.

:coffee:

14. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

Set and setting

15. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

I think PB_Smith is totally right. weed has brought more harm than psyches. I think some psych use is fine and actually kinda good, but using it a lot can be real bad as a kid. the youth years should be soaked in like Sam said, but i think people'll be missing out on a broader experience without any psyches.

16. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

At first glance, I thought the title of this thread was "Why I think young teens shouldn't strip"...

Guess that's a thread all its own.

17. MissEmma

MissEmma Member

It's not too late to do these things... Just saying. You have probably not ruined your whole mind and self by taking drugs. If you think to do these things, it requires not taking drugs then stop taking drugs and do what you need to do. Maybe you already have. You just sound like you have some regrets, and maybe you always will wish you had done things in a different order, but hopefully you haven't given up on them.

I am glad I did not do drugs until the time I did. I felt a little left out for a while there, but in the long run I am glad I didn't try pretty much anything till I was 16 almost 17 (including weed and alcohol). But I was a very unhappy person before about 15, and I am glad I did not do anything at that point. It isn't really about age though I am sure the misery was partly due to all the hormonal changes. I just think in taking drugs when I was out of my dark time and into a more positive one, I was able to appreciate them but not abuse them (I suppose it's all subjective, isn't it?)

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes, I would much rather young kids huff gasoline to trip balls.... ( please no flame.. :p

19. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

:smilielol5:

20. Positive.Vibrations

[​IMG]