Why I disagree with Libertarianism

Discussion in 'Libertarian' started by TrumpCards, Apr 4, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I have a very good reason why I think libertarianism is very very stupid.

Until the magical day in the future when we have a utopian society where everyone is nice to each other, people will be way too greedy, selfish, and evil to trust with fewer laws and regulations.

snowtiggernd and Okiefreak like this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Friendly Enemies

Libertarianism has become synonymous,
    With "My way, or the fucking highway!"
    Whilst, of course, espousing democracy,
    And voting for whoever advertises the most.
    With those kinds of friends, who needs enemies?
    If I want Three Stooges slapstick, I can watch re-runs.​

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

"Libertarianism (from Latin: libertas, meaning "freedom") is a collection of political philosophies and movements that uphold liberty as a core principle.[1] Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, and individual judgment.[2][3][4] Libertarians share a skepticism of authority and state power, but they diverge on the scope of their opposition to existing political and economic systems."

Just in case you didnt check what the word means before you started this thread

Because basically the thread title is "Why I disagree that liberty should come first"

wrat1, wrat and Noserider like this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, what is with the free verse poetry?

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My feeling is that there should be more regulation on corporate America. HRC had a good point when she said she wanted to tax capital flight. That would allow companies the freedom to move their business to whatever country they want to operate in as long as they pay the exit tax. Like a toll road. :)

7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Which is?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That's nice and all but if you actually listen to what most libertarians believe, they're very strong corporatists who believe we should strip away any regulations that restrict a corporation's bottom line

So bye bye worker protections, environmental protections, etc. And the thing is we've already tried a lack of environmental and worker protections. that's what we had before the regulations we have now were introduced .We know that shit doesnt work, we know industry will pollute the hell out of the environment and take advantage of their workers if given the chance, thats why regulations exist in the first place

9. Noserider

But libertarianism was founded long before that was the world.

There are two type of libertarians. Those who think the rules of an agrarian 1803 apply in the modern world, and those with brains.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, thats true, there are reasonable libertarians out there. A lot of them seem hopelessly idealistic to me though...either that or they know what a world without regulations would be like and just don't care

11. Noserider

I still think Ron Paul would have been an amazing president

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I actually voted in the Republican primary in 2012 just so I could vote for him

I dont agree with him on a lot but he's still 10x better than most politicians

13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don’t ever see the US breaking away from the two party system, any time soon. :/

I think we need something completely new.

scratcho likes this.
  14. Noserider

Me neither. I thought 2016 might be the year where those seeds were sewn, but after listening to everyone under the sun complain about how much they hated both Trump and Clinton, 3rd party candidates got virtually none of the vote.

It's easier to go with the status quo than to challenge it, even when the status quo is working against you. I lost a lot of faith in our country this past election.

Deidre likes this.
  15. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

So true.

I want an independent to win!

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Spread the word. The amount of people on here who see use in going third party has rapidly increased! :) (tripled! As in: there are now 3 people seeing the use :p ;) jk! And never forget that some big changes start small)

17. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I think if half of your post is in parenthesis you should restructure and just not use parenthesis.

18. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Sorry guys. But it should be obvious a 3rd party candidate will NEVER win even one state.

machinist likes this.
  19. Noserider

An independent has already won the presidency

20. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Thats one wacky way of looking at the world