why drugs are okay

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by gib_0101, Apr 2, 2007.

1. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

I'm trying to convince my wife that drugs are okay. She's got a strong anti-drug perspective.

I told her that I'm not into the really hard stuff like crack, heroin, cocain, etc. I like things like weed, mushrooms, salvia, morning glory, etc. I also told her I do it more for the spiritual experience rather than the buzz (although the buzz is fun and sometimes I do it just for that reason). I also told her that I'm partial to the legal highs and if I could find legal high substitutes for all the illegal highs, I'd give up the illegal highs in an instant.

Yet she's still being a stick in the mud about it. :mad:

So I'm asking for help. Everyone think of all the really good arguments you've ever heard or thought up yourselves about why there's nothing wrong with drugs. It would be very much appreciated.

2. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

So, I guess she doesn't drink coffee or tea or any soda beverage with caffiene or energy drinks or never takes asprin or tylenol or smoke cigs or drink alcohol or any kind of medications, etc. All of which contain drugs. About 50% of the people in the U.S. take some kind pharmacuedically prescribed drug/s. Drugs, when used in a responsible manner can make life better and save lives, wether its a legal or illegal drug. There is probably only a small percentage of people that don't do drugs of any kind.

3. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

you could also tell her that drugs are just chemicals, exactly like all the chemicals in her body/brain. thus, she's "on drugs" right now, whether she knows it or not. everything she eats affects her brain too. every time she gets stressed, her body releases a dangerous drug sequence (i.e. CRF --> cortisol) that can actually do a hell of a lot of damage to her brain, impairing memory, learning, mood, and much more. the drugs in our brains are "natural," yes, but that doesn't always make them good; all things are in balance--in moderation.

4. uplink

uplink Member

Why is she so against drugs? Is it moral? Is it health? Is it risk/danger?

Health wise, they are completely safe.

Morally, psychedelics, especially the ones you described, are not associated with the drug trade, trafficking, violence and corruption. These are the things that make drugs bad.

Psychedelics have been used for thousands of years. Having them all outlawed and regulated is a relatively new phenomenon. The major problem with drugs (and one of the main reasons why they are illegal) is they support illegal trafficking, which you aren't coming into contact with at all! The other reason drugs are illegal is that they are bad for your health... like I said earlier psychedelics are not.

Are shaman evil wicked people for using drugs? What about people who take prescription marinol (prescription THC), are they evil? Why is there a line drawn between drugs like anti-depressants and adderall that promote well-being (more or less) and drugs like psychedelics that open the mind and help people figure themselves out? [come up with more examples yourself]

If she is worried about you getting caught... then I don't know what to say other than do not start dealing them, and try to grow all the drugs you use.

If your wife seriously thinks the government is always knows what it is doing when it make drugs illegal... check out iboga/ibogaine. It is THE BEST drug in the entire world for treating addiction... and yet it was made illegal because it is a (not very euphoric) psychedelic. It has remained illegal because it is practically impossible to synthesize, and drug companies can not make a profit off it. The drug must be taken from plant sources, making it basically free.

Or think of the legal drugs, nicotine and alcohol. They are some of the worst substances out there.

Good luck.

5. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

There are other reasons to marry someone.

Well, thanks for the good points everyone. These are all great arguments. Lucky for me, she's not trying to stop me, but she does get all snide with me when I tell her I'm going to do them or that I did them earlier. My long-term goal is to show her another perspective on them.