Why does Pennsylvania suck?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by stonergirl99, Oct 10, 2004.

1. stonergirl99

stonergirl99 Member

There are a variety of reasons why Pa is crappy. The reason I am bitching today though is that there are no cool people that live here. That's right everyone in PA sucks. It seems like you can put any other state on here or any other hippy site for that matter and you will get a million replies. If you put PA no one is from here or if they are they are fake hippies, who aren't willing to help people meet people and so they don't reply at all. Now obviously not everyone in pennsylvania sucks there are some cool people but not very many at all. You better have lived here forever to have friends. Why? I have no idea. I am friendly to everyone that I meet but that still doesn't help and so I think I will give up my search because there are no cool hippies in PA. I resign myself to the fact that PA sucks.

2. Angus

Angus Member

not too mention it seems to rain all the time....and it is cold already..damn...pa really is lame..

3. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

Hey, I'm a PA girl, we have some cool hillbillys here. Plus, I adore the rain, I wish it rained more often.

It can be a dull state, but it suits me fine for now. :)

4. balko

balko Member

Not to be really mean, but fuck the rest of you except lover/young_peace.

Yeah, Pa sucks for some reasons...(Amish...and the fact where I live is the ONLY flat part...and I wish it wasn't...) but it's so beatiful. I love this state. It's so awesome. Not to meation the fact that we're the only state that makes the EPA change standers because we find them 'too low' and we're one of the only states that is still very UNDEVILIPED. But hey, if you don't like Pa, get the fuck out.

(Sorry to be mean, but I dearly love my state. I love it more then America as a whole...)

5. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I was just going to say I love pa. Its beautiful, its peaceful. I just came back from traveling yesterday (I'm leaving in a couple days again so I prob won't get a chance to reply back to anything written to me, sorry!) and noticed how wonderful it really is to be home. Its nice to see other states but no where else is quite like home to me like pa is. The smells, the scenery, the mountains... personally I love the people too. No matter where you go there are people who are not always nice. It is a 50/50 thing...

Where are you from hun? Try to find a local potluck or drum circle... OR you could post somewhere that you want to throw one somewhere and put out an open invitation. I'd meet up with you (maybe I'm cool, hey at least I'm nice! :sunglasse ) but I will be traveling at least until March (maybe longer, I have to see where I'd like to be) and am leaving in a couple days. Sorry you can't find people! Just keep looking, they'll come creeping out of the wood work eventually.
    Oh, heres another idea...try to find a local band who plays the old stuff or one of those tribute bands and check out the scene there(look it up on www.jambase.com). Find a gathering, find a shop that sells things you like then check if they have a bulletin board of local events or even ask the workers there if theres anything interesting going on.... Hope it helps and I hope you find some interesting folks soon!

Lovin' you guys,
    Eryn

6. balko

balko Member

Hershey! Lol Great food...lol

7. gmdukes

gmdukes Banned

pa is the shit, its lansdale that should be blown off the fuckin map

8. gmdukes

gmdukes Banned

and eryn tell that nigga sundance to call me i thought he wanted some help, and im moving o saturday

9. ButterCup

ButterCup Member

dood. what tha fuck dood. thats fucked up.

10. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

I'm originally from PA, and I can say that you should be happy you don't have to live in a shitty state like Tennessee. PA is way better.

11. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

lol he accidently used zenia's name to reply to u (ButterCup)

12. moonshinebear

moonshinebear Member

I live in PA...it's not that bad, really. Most of the people I encounter in PA are not the friendliest, but you just gotta look around. There are some cool people here too.

13. Imp_ninnoc

Imp_ninnoc Member

I was in Philly for two months last summer (studying Latin) and I just loved the city! I'm fairly shy and sometimes don't do too well with making new friends, but I found everyone really approachable and chatty. I was gothing back then but met plenty of nice people both in and out of the goth scene. It was ace!

Also, peculiarly, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) was up on astrological signs. I kept getting pegged as a Virgo (one guy said he assumed Virgo because I had blue hair at the time...o_O) Astrology's not my thing. But I found it kind of charming :)

14. balko

balko Member

Where in Philla where ya? That might be why...there's good parts and bad parts of that city...largest one in Pa...

15. stonergirl99

stonergirl99 Member

O.K. Pa is not really all that terrible. I have lived in Greene County for 8 years and just recently moved to Pittsburgh. First I would like to say I Love all you guys for replying. I thought that if I put something crazy out there I would be more likely to get replies. The only reason I complain really is that it seems like there are no hippies at all in Pittsburgh. And if they are here, they are the ones that are like total Drainbows. If you aren't vegan or wear your hair in dreads or whatever then you are not a hippy. To me being a hippy is about the way that you treat people. At Gatherings most of the people are the kindest, nicest people I have ever met. That will give you the shirt off of their backs. So anyways if there are any non-judgemental hippies around here I would like to get together and do something. Also to the girl who wrote fuck you to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, deal with it. If you love PA that is all well and good, but don't knock other people for what they think. Thank you all.

Lacy

16. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

I don't have a problem living in Pa. You just have to know where to go and surround yourself with cool people. If i'm around good people, nothing else matters.

And about there not being many people on the forums from Pa, is completely false. I use to come to the forums constantly and at one time had well over 6,000 posts. A few of the threads i had started in the past have been Pa threads which ended up dominating the USA forum. We even had a Pa gathering where a few of us met up in Philly.
    But starting a thread with Pa SUCKS doesn't sound very inviting. Negative threads don't usually get a large amount of responses.
    Simply start a thread with the title as "pennsylvania" And inside ask where in pa everyone is from. It will generate a lot more replies.....

17. sprout

sprout DeadHead

Too many Amish folk.

Yep you heard it here first. :sunglasse

18. stonergirl99

stonergirl99 Member

I tried to post where's all the PA hippies? You can look for yourself. I got two replies which I appreciated but that didn't do me much good. So if so many people answered your threads why didn't anybody answer that one. I got a lot more replies (which is pretty messed up) by saying that PA sucks. So you tell me what's up with that. I am not totally ignorant you know. This was posted as a test and you know what? To me it seems like no one on here wants to help you meet people but plenty of people want to bitch if you put something that they don't agree with on here. So is this truly a site for hippies? I must wonder.

19. benny

benny Member

PA is definitely better than Ct

20. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

Because I live in Pennsylvania.. theres your reason..