Why does noone in this fucking city know how to drive?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Insomniac_devi, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Insomniac_devi

Insomniac_devi Beast Toast

I swear, driving in Tampa at 5pm is like watching the fucking retard faction of Nascar. Some asshole decided to just sit in the middle of an intersection today, thus blocking all of the people behind him from making the turn, and I had to listen to all of those dicks honking their horns continuously. On top of that, it was raining, and my car has no A/C, so I have to keep my windows open so my windsheild doesn't fog up.

I'm going to go kick some ass in Soul Caliber 2 now.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You live in Tampa without AC?

Nobody knows how to drive anywhere, I just let my horn do my complaining. [​IMG]

PS: Taki rules. [​IMG]

3. Insomniac_devi

Yeah, unfortunately I'm one of the few people in Tampa that drives with their windows down ALL of the time...

When I drive I tend to just shout out a string of obscenities, because I can get so much more creative than if I were to honk my horn.

P.S. Hell nah, Voldo all the way! I fucking rule with Voldo....

4. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

AAahhhhhh........ The advantages of living in the less populated areas. I hate traffic. When I lived in Chicago, we would actually start conversations with people, pass joints back and forth, ect. with the people next to us on the interstate during the "rush hour" traffic. Now I am living in Nebraska, and during the rush hour in the big city here, I just take back roads. Actually, I take back roads pretty much all of the time. It makes life less stressful not dealing with stupid drivers. I didn't like it when I had to drive around florida, but it still wasn't as bad as Oklahoma. Oklahoma, Oklahoma city in particular, has some of the rudest, biggest asshole drivers I have ever seen. Granted I haven't been everywhere yet, but so far they get the asshole award.

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

driving sucks and people are dumb...wear a helmet when you drive...

I hate people who ride your ass when its obvious there is a string of cars in front of you, guess they think i have some magical go-go gadget wheels or something...bastards

6. boothy

boothy Senior Member

^Yeah I don't like it when (obviously i can't drive, but I've been in a car with drivers before lol) people sound their horns at you when there is a hold-up... if anyone does this in a jam, my mate used to lean out the window and shout "Get a motorbike then!" at them :D

7. Xac

Xac Visitor

:D shroom your great for a laugh, "go-go gadget wheels" :D

8. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Its even better here, every morning I wake up and find out that yet another person has driven the wrong way on the highway the night before, generally killing several people.

For some reason it all started in 2005, don't remember it ever happening before then

9. Insomniac_devi

I also hate it when I'm travelling down the interstate, in the right hand lane, and there's about 3 other lanes next to me that are empty, and some prick decides to tailgate me because I'm not going fast enough. And of course if it's at night, they turn on their highbeams so I'm blind. Too bad I don't have a giant floodlight in the backseat of my car, that I could just blind them with everytime that happens to me. But since I don't, I like to slow down to about 35mph, just to piss them off even more. :D

10. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I loathe that, that really pisses me off...
    hahah I love slowing down too, they get so mad and then they go around and then you speed up and then they have to get behind you again..ahhh great times...
    I also dont like it when someone in front of me is riding the person in front of them and they are constantly braking cause they are so up on the persons ass..

11. Insomniac_devi

Hahahaha, true! Oh, and if they can't pass me, but still want to ride my ass, I use the little mist function for my wipers so that they get a nice spray on their windshield.

12. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

haha, oh hell, i have to try that next time :D
    Dont you wish you could pull up right beside them and blow a fog horn [​IMG] haha...

or if they are behind me and i am about to turn but there is no turn lane, you have to turn from the same lane.. i will completely stop and turn as slow as possible...

13. Insomniac_devi

Hahaa, I have a mini-airhorn, you know those ones they sell at Walmart for football games and the like, and I use that thing so much. For instance, I was driving down Hillsborough, and I had to make a turn acroos the road, so I get into the lane that makes me sit in the middle of the road until it's clear. Then, some jerkass coming from behind me, pulls in front of me, prepared to make the same turn (instead of waiting behind ME) just so he could go first, because there was no way I could see around him. Of course, I knew he would be waiting a long time because Hillsborough is so busy, so I got my car as close to his as I could and just held down the button for my little horn. I hope his eardrums were bleeding :)

14. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

It's all the French Canadians having moved to FL.

Just as how driving in WA sucks now cause of all the Californicators coming up here and bringing their driving habits with them.

15. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

LMAO.. I would have paid to see that :D

16. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

are there a lot of french canadians down there?

if so, that is probly the cause

17. Insomniac_devi

Hmm, I haven't met any french-canadians here...but Tampa's a pretty big place,so who knows what the future will bring?

18. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Heck yeah.

As a matter of fact there's so many of em down there many of em are trying to learn Joual.

There's a feature on Quebec TV about translation howlers from English to the pidgin they speak in Quebec.

Mind you, Miami is the exception to the rule of "wear the Canadian flag and you'll be safe". Anti-Castro factions killed one guy for wearing his (Canada loves Cuba)