Why Do You Think A Lack Of Meat Upsets People So Much?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by unfocusedanakin, Jul 15, 2017.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They always have a need to bring you to their level I guess I would say. Like they ask me ridiculous hypothetical questions like if I were alone in the desert and there was no plants I would have to eat an animal I hunted right? They are looking for any angle to make me like them I guess. To make a me a hypocrite.

I try very hard to not judge meat eaters or really even discuss that I do not. It's not something that you can convince people on, they have to decide the facts for themselves. The preachy vegetable eater is a stereotype but I would say the mean meat eater is a lot more common. There have been many times when people thought it was funny to point out to me that they were eating an animal in front of me. They make comments about tasting the tears or soul. Or maybe it's a joke to make me think the meal I just ate had meat in it. Just very cruel things that are obviously meant to try and upset me. And the odd thing is I bet a lot of people who prank me would be upset if they thought I served them dog. We in the west love dogs but some people do eat them in Asia. But it's different right because a cow is not a dog and you decided one is worthy of being killed? But this goes back to what I said before. You can't convince someone of this they have to decide themselves a dog and cow are the same.

I do know some vegans who are passionate about it but I don't know a single one that fits the stereotype of believing they are "better". But when I am part of the jokes I mentioned it's clear to me that I am upsetting you. I just wonder why. I mean it's not like the law will change tomorrow and meat is outlawed. You will always be able to live as you want.

1 person likes this.
  2. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

My father's mother was vegetarian and she introduced me to nutmeat, which is made from nuts and canned. It has a meaty taste and texture but it's easy to get addicted to it believe it or not. She also loved dried bananas and believe me they may not sound good but they are swell. She also made vegetarian rissoles but I don't remember the ingredients.

Anyway, she didn't seem to suffer from giving up meat - she had tons

I don't eat a lot of meat but I sure love eggs.

1 person likes this.
  3. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I've had my share of pushy meat eaters.

I don't think they're rude because they're meat eaters. They're rude because they're assholes. If they were to become a vegetarian or vegan, I'm sure they would be just as much of an asshole.

1 person likes this.
  4. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Dried bananas, I do not like. I rather just eat a banana.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

banana chips are great, but in small doses, very,very sweet.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

oh quit whining and eat a fuckin' steak already....just kidding.

sounds more like your friends/acquaintances are assholes rather than any inherent meanness in meat eaters.
    I personally think some vegetarians and vegans are dipshit as to their reasons why they choose the diet they do, humans are omnivores after all, and if you have ever played
    the game Spore, you know omnivores have a definite advantage.

1 person likes this.
  7. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I love you, I do. But, it's not a diet. At least not for the majority of us. It's a lifestyle. But, don't get me wrong some people do want to lose weight or make a certain body out of themselves through choosing this lifestyle.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

`
    please do not take this personally, but I still hold to my opinion, most vegetarians/vegans fail to understand that humans are omnivores and designed to eat meat and veggies.
    humans never would have evolved to the point of debating this had it not been for meat and fire.

4 people like this.
  9. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Well, you're not being an asshole about it.

There is a difference between someone holding a greasy cheeseburger in my face and telling me to eat it vs. someone sharing their opinions. Even if they believe those opinions to be facts. I believe my opinions to be facts. So.

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

which facts would those be?

11. unfocusedanakin

That eating meat means we need lot of livestock that strain the planet. And the livestock that is raised lives in terrible conditions. That either bothers you or it does not.

Humans can digest meat but their used to be a lot less of us. Related to my above post it's just too much strain on the planet for all of us to be eating meat.

1 person likes this.
  12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

so you are wrong, opinion isn't fact.
    fact is humans are omnivores, designed to eat meat and veg, just look at your teeth to confirm that fact.

2 people like this.
  13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

*sigh*
    current population #'s don't have jack-shit to do with scientific facts or the evolution of the human species.
    Fact is that the enormous boost of protein and other nutrients available in meat is what spurred the evolution of our big brains and another fact is that cooking meat allowed us to expend considerably less energy in gleaning nutrients from our food sources which in turn provided us with more "leisure time" to contemplate and problem solve.
    can't figure out new ways of doing shit whenever 12+ hours of a day is devoted to gathering enough to sustain life let alone the energy expenditure to digest that food.

go educate yourself..

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

sustainable beef farming is a real thing...lots of cattle ranches doin it right....many people such as myself choose to buy local beef from reputable farms....my milk comes from a farm less than 2 miles away

not all us meat eaters are mcdonalds freaks or buying meat at Walmart...cut us some slack brother

2 people like this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

I could tell you the same thing. You kind of prove my point anyway. It's not enough for me to be left alone. You as a meat eater HAVE to find faults.

16. unfocusedanakin

Sure some farms are more ethical. But most meat in stores does not come from there. It's very difficult for the little guy to compete unless he plays by the big rules. That means cruel conditions and hormones to cause unnatural growth in the animal.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

*sigh*

again, go educate yourself about human evolution and the role meat and fire played in it and the fact that without those two, we would still be swinging from tree limbs.

your argument isn't with me or any "meat eater" it's with scientific fact as we currently know it.
    deal with it.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and how do you propose to feed the billions of humans in the world?

logistics is a bitch.

19. unfocusedanakin

Yeah and the fact that a caveman's diet was over 90% plant matter means nothing. A successful hunt was rare. Believe me I know my history. Meat was hardly a part of diets until farming came about. Primal man was a nomad always roaming. The men follow the herd for days or weeks, meanwhile the women pick the fruits and insure the tribe survives. Proteins that are found in meat are also in plants. No doubt the meat was healthy when they had it but it's not as significant as you claim.

20. unfocusedanakin

Through farming....not sure of your question.