Why do you smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Abyssinian, Mar 29, 2014.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I have severe anxiety. I find that it calms me down if I even just smoke a small bowl once a day.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think I get more anxious and paranoid on it.
    Sometimes I really freak about some things I even post in here. :D

3. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I initially smoked it because I was in highschool and it was the cool thing to do, but quickly discovered it did a much better job at managing my ADHD and anxiety than all the crap I was being prescribed. Because of my ADD I never find myself glued to a seat after a joint. I just find I am not excitedly screaming in people's ears over things that weren't that exciting. I worry about dumb crap less and am generally easier to be around too.

I know a lot of people think ADD is bullshit diagnosis, and for a lot of people I agree, but it really is a problem for me. As a child I literally ran around screaming most of the time, would get up and leave classrooms because things out the window looked cool and was known in my neighbourhood as the crazy loud kid. As an adult who still suffers from it I find I have a hard time staying in one job for long and have horrible money management issues. The medication did help me but it didn't make me feel great and severely messed with my appetite. Weed calms me the fuck down without any bad side effects.

I also have a hip that bothers me sometimes at night when I lie down. I sometimes get a stronger mdical grade weed that puts me right to sleep for that. (But barefooting is fixing my hip!)

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

really? i could not imagine weed being great for ADHD. my personal experience is that smoking weed does NOT make me better things requiring lots of problem solving such as computer programming. in fact, i'd say it impairs my ability quite a bit, mainly because I feel like being high actually impairs my ability to really focus in and lose myself in what I'm working on. As far as anxiety, I guess that depends on the person, and the type of anxiety. I enjoy weed occasionally, but nowhere near the frequency as most people I know that smoke, nor as much as I once did. For hardcore studying, nothing beats caffeine and a small dose of nootropics, but that's just me. I just don't feel that weed is a once size fits all solution for all issues, but it can be nice sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  5. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

celiac flares. depression. ptsd. social anxiety. body pain from fibromyalgia and arthritis. stress relief. because I enjoy it. because I can. because if I ingest, I'm not likely to get hooked on pills again.

6. Hellir

Hellir Members

Because I get relaxed.
    My work is extremely demanding and I´ve always had extremely high demands on myself (ppl keep telling me that all the time). So every now and then I need to relax and I can´t do it without any kind of substance. It doesn´t happen often though - like 3-4 time a year with friends. Just chilling and having a nice time. But I would refuse to try anything stronger.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I use marijuana edibles for back pain. I used to smoke but not anymore because it's not that healthy. Blah.

8. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I agree with you weed works affects everyone differently. If I smoke a low dose I don't personally find myself impaired at all. It's higher doses and higher quality weed for me if I want to actually sit around and get stoned.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think the thought process is effected by THC, and that for someone with ADD/ADHD it may feel like thoughts are more tangible? I don't know if that makes sense.

10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I toke, therefore, I am!

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hell yeah, cheeseburgers are 5 stars when high.

12. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Well, how ironic. I just had the homemade Cheeseburger experience.:yum:
    With some Open Pit BBQ sauce on them. MMmmmm.....

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was in the MacDonalds drive through a couple hours ago and bought one. Lol.