why do u smoke?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by i_like_acid, May 9, 2007.

1. i_like_acid

i_like_acid Member

In the 70s it was all about the culture. Now a days it seems that people only do it to get hi. Why do u smoke because you like the cultural aspects of it or just to get high.?

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I live the culture. It seems that everything in my life has something to do with weed. There are so many reasons why I smoke. I love to get high, true, but I also love the deep feelings and emotions that come with it, and not just the happy ones. Everything is just better with a little bit, or a lot, of weed. Weed has brought me out of clinical depression, according to my therapist, and it did wonders for my ADHD, even moreso than ritalin or adderral ever did.

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i smoke to get high, anything that come with it is just a bonus.

4. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

willy wonka put it perfectly. the main focus is, for me getting high.

5. I self medicate. Symptoms: Depression, anxiety, migraines, rheumatoid arthritis, insomnia, digestion problems

And when I've exhausted all my other options...I'll smoke for boredoms sake.

6. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

I entirely disagree. It was not all about the culture in the 70s. Not even close. Sure a lot it revolved around the counter culture, but a lot and I mean a lot of people who smoked back in the 70s just to get high. Today many people smoke to get high as well as a numerous of other reasons, but to say tht in the 70s it was ALL about the culture is about as accurate as saying doing drugs is a requirement to being a hippie.

7. andrew998

andrew998 Member

i dont really know what it was like in the 70s, but being 16 today i can tell you about 90% of the smokers i associate with have no interest in the culture behind it, i dont like those smokers as much though,

8. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

what exactly do you mean by this?

9. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

I think he's referring to the whole movement and peace/love/happiness lifestyle that was promoted by the drug use of the 70's culture.

And my answer to the question is, I smoke because it completly relaxes me and takes me on a whole new level in which to see my everyday life. I find it awsome that weed can bring together so many different people and fuel a great time.

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

get high and have fun

11. kar33m

kar33m Member

props for being honest about it and not trying to make up some spiritual\enlightment bullshit excuse like many do. +1 to that.

12. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

It relaxes me, it's a social tool for college, I like to physically sit and smoke (hookah's good too :)), and I get high.

I can't say I enjoy the culture because I'm not part of it except for the fact that I smoke. i'm health conciouse, fitness oriented, I play year round sports, nice (uhh ok 'preppy') clothing. I am by no means your typical 'stoner', although the amount of MJ I smoke should put me into that category.

Don't worry about why we smoke, just go pack another bowl.

13. doom876

doom876 Member

I smoke socialy, and for fun, I'm more punk then hippie, I probably do do it more to get high thenfor the culture, I wont lie. It sometimes helps my depression, but mny friends fight when we do it and brings me down. I liked smoking down south, since my friends there were never asses.
    sorrie, peace and love are great, someone fucks with me I fuck back