why cant we be friends

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sooty_the_kat, Jan 11, 2005.

1. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

what is with this,

every guy i know who i have become friends with has cracked onto me at some point and it's really starting to shit me. coz not only does it ruin the friendship we had but it's like if i was interested i would have done something at the beginning. someone i know swears that guys and girls cant be friends but you know i think this is crap but now im thinking maybe there's some truth in it. i've given up on having male friends

2. velvet

velvet Banned

I have a lot of guy friends.. but I know what you mean. At times when I have a boyfriend it just feels more relaxed to hang out with my male friends, like they know they don't stand a chance.. as soon as I'm single it's like there is some kind of tension.. like a hierarchy thing. I'm not saying they are all interested in me, but when they make a joke with a sexual undertone (like guys tend to do when in groups I guess) it's just more weird than when I'm in a steady relationship.

If I have the feeling that a guy likes me more than I can return, I just start talking about other guys (or a specific) one alot.. that'll shatter their hopes ;)

Good luck with it! :)

3. sooty_the_kat

im good at shattering hopes!!

4. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I believe men and women can be just good friends.

5. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

its nice to have guy friends, unless theyre perverted and like to look up your skirt.

6. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

That made me laugh. You are my cutest granddaughter.

7. kjhippielove88

:) :D

8. puddin

puddin Banned

Maybe you should try looking a bit more ugly?

9. Elle

Elle Senior Member

For some reason, I can't seem to keep a friendship with a guy....before long I realize there is some alterior (sp?) motive....either he wants a relationship, or he wants to have sex. And then it makes me uncomfortable, and I can't continue being friends with him because of that. The very last guy I got close with as "friends", was super cool and I loved hanging out with him, and he told everyone we knew that we were dating. All the sudden he started being romantic with me and.....I ran like hell:p So yeah, I'm very sketchy about making friends with men at this point because I feel like I can't trust them to truley just be my friend.

10. kjhippielove88

sometimes if i ask a guy if he wants to hang out he gets the strange idea that its code for "hey lets do it!" its like slow down skippy...i just wanna hang out with you

11. Elle

Elle Senior Member

haha......yeah I've learned that when a guy invites you to "hang out and chill" back at his house...it's man speak for "let's see if I can get you drunk and into bed."

12. sooty_the_kat

that should be easy

13. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Pretty much all of my friends are guys. Most girls get on my last nerve. I don't like shopping, talking on the phone, and whining about my period.

14. puddin

puddin Banned

Do you have any gay male friends?

15. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

why do people assume all chicks like to talk on the phone, shop, and talk about their periods :D haha that kills me..
    I have some male friends, one of them a couple of times hit on me and made me feel very uncomfortable, almost ruined our friendship cause it was strange being around him.

16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

And what, pray tell, is wrong with that?

I strongly believe that man and women can be friends with or without sex. But it's better with. The trick is to be up front and honest, and it's a good idea to make sure you sleep with other people, too.

17. daisymae

daisymae I'm a Rhinestone Cowboy

I have a few guy friends....seriously, it seems to be up to the female to draw the line. I had to tell one to back up last night (I dated him for a couple of years in highschool) Sheesh! I'm freakin' married!

18. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Well.....when I invite someone to hang out and chill with me it's because I enjoy their company and conversation. I don't like it when a guy invites me to "hang out" just to see if he can get me into bed.....it's insulting.

19. velvet

velvet Banned

I had this new male friend of mine who asked me very bluntly if I would like to have sex with him, no strings attachted.. it was flattering in a way but because of the context (long story) I didn't feel comfortable with it and I friendly said thanks, but no. He has been the perfect gentleman ever since and I love'm for that :) That shows some real respect! And I agree.. it never hurts to try ;)

20. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I don't assume they all do. That is why I said most. A vast majority of the ones I know do. A vast majority of the ones I know are also liars.