Why be a Vegetarian??

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by nelapse, Jan 23, 2005.

1. nelapse

nelapse Member

What are your reasons for staying away from the good stuff?

There's a place for all of gods creatures .....right next to the Potatoes & Gravy!
    -Nelapse

2. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

oh, the wit.... as for why be a vego...why would you eat a corpse?

3. superNova

superNova Member

because it's what all the cool kids are doing.

4. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

The reason I don't eat meat is because I have a huge compassion for animals. I LOVE animals more than humans, actually. I also HATE HATE HATE the taste of meat. It's gross, it's disgusting, it has veins, it's like cutting off my forearm or something & barbequing it. ICK! :eek:

5. juggla

juggla Member

survival of the fittest, ill eat pork, beef, or chicken cause i can and it taste good, might equals right and anyone saying differently are weak.

6. Kiz

Kiz Member

I don't stay away from the good stuff. I eat the good stuff all the time. I even made a good stuff dish last night and it's in the fridge right now. I'm not eating it though because breakfast is the wrong time for chocolae.

7. LaughinEyes024

LaughinEyes024 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm vegan. I just don't like meat. I never have so I don't eat it. I'm also lactose intolerant so that takes care of the dairy. When I was little I didn't get enough protein so I had to eat eggs everyday so now I don't eat eggs because of that. Also I'm quite fond of the planet that I live on and a vegan diet is the most earth friendly so that's another reason. I also like animals.

8. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

This is why:

[​IMG]

9. juggla

juggla Member

^yummy, i ate the cow tonight

10. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

lol, oh yeah, walking to the supermarket and picking up a hunk of processed, packaged meat is so damn mighty.

11. juggla

juggla Member

does it make a difference that i go to the supermarker in camoflage with a concealed weapon. the supermarket is the ultimate animal lovers paradise, some say thatd be a zoo but fuck them. i sneak up on a piece of meat at a market and buy the fuck out of it, bring it home tie it up (so it doesnt escape) then i cook the shit out of it.

animal corpses taste good:)

12. LaughinEyes024

LaughinEyes024 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In my opinion, if you can go out and kill the animal yourself and then skin it and gut it, and you still have the desire to eat it, all power to you. Consumption of meat has become such a passive thing in our society simply because the consumer isn't involved in the process of killing the animal which they are eating and such.

13. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I forget how ignorant and arrogant some people can be untill I hear things spoken like this.:rolleyes:
    oh and as for reasoning, its pretty much ethical/enviormental....then health.
    I don't feel I have the right to (and definatley would never want to) take another life and consume it when there are compassionate alternatives, which I am blessed to have. I also don't like putting the thought of dead corpses in my body. It is hard for me to imagine myself now as a meat eater like I once was....it makes me sick to think about it, but I have gone vegetarian and will never look back. It is the greatest decision I have ever made for myself.

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

So... We are the dominant animal
    What does someone's diet have to do with heroism?
    I'm not "being antagonist" I'm trying to get a logical reason, maybe arguing will help you think of one
    I can't believe how over-dramatic some vegetarians are until I hear them acting like victims
    Why the hell not? Animlas started it first

15. Elle

Elle Senior Member

edit: deleted...see post below.

16. Elle

Elle Senior Member

What does "dominence" have to do with anything? It's okay to take the life of another being just because you, physically or technologically have the upper hand? I'm not going to argue with a meat eater over his reasons for eating meat. It is what it is, and I can't make that desicion for others, however I find it ridiculous that anyone would critisize a vegetarian for making choices that are thoughtful and motivated by a greater issue....suffering and death....and the enviorment as well. Acting like "victims?" How so? I think the real victims are the animals and the enviorment.

17. Duck

You don't live in America do you?
    Vegetarians aren't condemned at all
    Hell, vegetarians treat the carnivores like shit 'cause they think they are so much better than them

18. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I do live in America. I was talking about the way you seem to be condeming us in this thread....."you are acting like a victim"...that's what you said, and I really don't see how you got that out of my personal reasons for being a vegetarian. You can't generalize all veggies like that. I don't treat anyone as if I am better than them. Nonetheless, I take pride in the lifestyle I've chosen and I don't hide it or the way I feel by any means...but that has never nor will it ever involve treating others like I am above them. So don't generalize, that's not fair.

19. Duck

Why can't I generalize if you can go off calling people arrogant for disagreeing?

20. Elle

Elle Senior Member

*sigh* I was not calling him arrogant for not agreeing with being a vegetarian. I was calling him arrogant for that statement and how it was worded. My whole family eats meat, I don't think them as ignorant or arrogant, but that statement sure sounded it.

"because I can and anyone thinking differently is weak"

Now, come on......:rolleyes:

generalize if you want to. whatever, dude.