Why Atheists Rule!

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Libertine, May 29, 2006.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

go back and read my first post it said athiest rule? what do they rule?

2. crummyrummy

I see you are very narrow minded so i will spell this out for you: in the topic, athiests rule, rule is used as a verb and I responed to the topic as such.
    Libertine got it and we had a pleasant chat.
    you didnt get it and got irate. I appologise for calling you a dumbass.
    If he had titled this athiests are better people than religious people,(which to me, it seems is how you took it, and how after reading the first post it was obviously intended) all my comments would have been different. However not only did I know what he meant when he titled it such I also didnt bother to read anything before post 5, including your comment.
    I rsponded to the topic and poked fun at the wording.
    now the fact I was dragged into a conversation goes against everything I stand for. I hate people that get as irate as you over simple differences in perception. not once did I disagree with your intent, which was most likley religioen has cause more misery than any other source in the last 1000 years, but I dont wanna put words in your mouth. But much like libertine, you didnt say what you meant and i was forced by my own ego to point out the holes in your statements.

Take a chill pill
    Its only the internet.

3. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Coercion, I suppose is the main problem. And religion seems to do that a whole lot more because religion is a declaration of "truth", whereas the non-believers are labeled "sinners" or "infidels" or "un-enlightened".

4. crummyrummy

5. Libertine

But, not an un-elect one I hope.

I think I admire the animals much more. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one of them kneels to another or to his own kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one of them is respectable or unhappy, all over the earth.

6. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well, I've been both christian and atheist, and much prefer the latter. I'm not speaking from inexperience.

Atheists rule because we don't have to get up early on sundays. We don't give 10% of our income to some pastor so he can buy the newest luxury car or add on to his home. We believe in human responsibility for wrongs, rather than some unseen "bad guy deamon" who tempts us. We are appropriatly skeptical and don't accept things as truth based on blind faith. We don't think anyone should have to suffer eternal punishment for not believing like us. We don't get our panties in a twist over whether cartoon characters are gay or not. Atheists believe in seperation of church and state, for the religious's sake and ours. Oh yeah, and we don't crusade!

Crummy, what have you lived in a cave your whole life and missed out on all that good ole' 90's slang? Atheists rule and the religious drool! [​IMG]

No one even implied that atheists actually have some governing control of the world, or nation for that matter.

7. Libertine

Hey, what happened to my thread?

I wasn't speaking of atheists being "in charge".

I merely stated that we rule. And...uh...it's true. We do.

8. crummyrummy

Main Entry: rule
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): ruled; rul·ing
    transitive senses
    1 a : to exert control, direction, or influence on <the passions that rule our minds> b : to exercise control over especially by curbing or restraining <rule a fractious horse> <ruled his appetites firmly>
    2 a : to exercise authority or power over often harshly or arbitrarily <the speaker ruled the legislature with an iron hand> b : to be preeminent in : [size=-1]DOMINATE[/size]
    3 : to determine and declare authoritatively; especially : to command or determine judicially
    4 a (1) : to mark with lines drawn along or as if along the straight edge of a ruler (2) : to mark (a line) on a paper with a ruler b : to arrange in a line
    intransitive senses
    1 a : to exercise supreme authority b : to be first in importance or prominence : [size=-1]PREDOMINATE[/size] <the physical did not rule in her nature -- Sherwood Anderson>
    2 : to exist in a specified state or condition
    3 : to lay down a legal rule

9. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rule

1. Rule

Something that is higher in quality than all other things.

Peanut M&Ms rule!

It's slang, dude. SLANG

slang (sl[​IMG]ng)
    n.

1. A kind of language occurring chiefly in casual and playful speech, made up typically of short-lived coinages and figures of speech that are deliberately used in place of standard terms for added raciness, humor, irreverence, or other effect.
    2. Language peculiar to a group; argot or jargon: thieves' slang.
    Good lord, a third grader would understand what we are talking about here...[​IMG]

10. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

I'm firends with more atheists than I am with fellow theists.

11. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Rule WHAT ?

12. Libertine

Your faces! :)

13. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Libertine

My feaces?

Lol... as carlin said... "if u want to take a shit. Dont take one of mine.
    Have only 2 left an need them for the weekend."

Occam

14. Libertine

Occam...

Libertine thinks Occam should learn to read. ;)

15. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

My feaces is your faces.

Occam

16. Libertine

Since when does shit and someone's FACE go hand in hand?

Unless you are a coprophiliac.

17. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Quote u
    'your faces'
    sounded like feaces to occam[​IMG]
    [cause athiesm rules nothing, it's naught but ego empowerment]

Occam [aka Piglet, who sometimes sleeps over at the 'house on pooh corner']

18. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

athiests rule nothing but the desire to be good consumers

19. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Or they could denote advanced stages of inebriation, as Bill Murray once said on SNL, "I am so ....faced!". It was the Christmas episode, and he looked to me to have ingested a number of festive beverages beforehand. It is just my own quirk, but I find it worth noting that you would even know the word 'coprophiliac' at all. The usage of particular verbage can show us a glimpse of ones personality and tell something about the person. Or it may show that they have a wide vocabulary, like Victor Hugo, and they enjoy utilizing it. Some find 'homo erectus' funny, and some find the name Scatman intriguing. I used to ponder what was up with the name 'Winnie the Pooh'? Also, I find it amusing that the inventor of the toilet had the surname 'Crapper'. Be careful where you use the phrase, 'May I push in your stool?'. And if you need to pass wind, keep in mind that it is surprising how much sound such a tiny speaker can produce, and be sure that flatus is all you are about to do... advice I have gained from personal experience.
    Life is impossible without the excretion of excrement, faeces, stool, scat, manure, dung, shite, poop, number two, turd, taking a crap or dump, evacuating ones bowels, pinching a loaf, etc. So, in a sense, we might all be called coprophiliacs. I admit having enjoyed the elimination of my colon's contents immensely at times. In time, some of those logs might last long enough to fossilize and become coprolite, and shed some light on our diets to scientists of the distant future. And if I am said to have a 'sh*t-eating grin' on my face, it is not because I am participating in coprophagy, and thus does not make me coprophagous, just the same as if I am heard calling my abode a 'sh*it hole' it doesn't mean I am coprophilious

20. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

‘The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.’- Bertrand Russell
    'There is no death, only a change of worlds.' Seattle
    In my case, knowing what will ensue post death is not certain. I know what I feel are my 'best bets', but I can't state that I am sure what will happen, and doubt I ever will, before I die, and I don't know if I will find out after.
    The thing about your statement that I want to know is, why does ones awareness of anything denote rule, and if so, what does it mean that the aware atheists rule?
    Worms will eat the bodies of those who have died, if given the chance, agreed. But, I will feel ecstatic if I ever I am able to 'rule' myself. So far, I foresee that that goal alone will consume all my time, leaving no time for ruling anything else.