Why are you voting for Ralph Nader?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by psychedelic_unclesam, May 19, 2004.

1. psychedelic_unclesam

psychedelic_unclesam Member

What I'm looking for is your honest opinion on why you feel that Ralph Nader would be the best candidate for president. I do not want people to argue points in this post. Don't post unless you are for Nader.

Thanks, your valuable opinions are appreciated!

Please be as detailed as possible.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am voting for Nader because he means what he says, and I like what he stands for. He also stands the next biggest chance in winning following Bush and Kerry, who are very much the same when it all boils down. Though I despise Bush and Kerry almost equally, I do think Kerry would be better than Bush at running the country. Anybody would be better than Bush, but to what extent? It's Bush's administration I am far more afraid of than Bush, who is nothing more than a figurehead anyway.

John Kerry has already said he would "stay the course" in Iraq if elected. This war is bound to bankrupt the country - not to mention take many more innocent lives if it doesn't end soon. Leaving Iraq would probably cause Iraq to erupt into a civil war, but there is nothing we can do at this point.

Nader's ethics stand in everything he has done for this country over the years, which is more than Bush and Kerry will accomplish in their lives.

I would just like to see a president in office who isn't a corporate puppet. It would be nice to have a president that actually cares about the environment, too. The environment has suffered tremendously under Bush's reign.

3. razm

razm Member

The president has some definite foreign policy power, he's no figure head. He also influences domestic policy through his cabinet. John Kerry has said a lot of things Pressed_Rat, but what of the things he has said can we believe?

You wanna talk about ethics, talk about George dubya Bush, not Ralph Nader man.

4. Pressed_Rat

You mean MOST presidents do. I don't think Bush does, he's too stupid.

It's people like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz who are running this country. Bush to a much lesser degree. Frankly, it surprises me Bush can dress himself, let alone play any measurable role in foreign policy.

5. razm

razm Member

To say that George Bush is stupid is stupid. Our President graduated from Yale University, no easy task for anyone.

You take to your conspiracy theories man, I'm gonna play it out here in the real world. Bush just isn't one to be led by another's lead, his foreign policy is just not one of dependence but indepence, I really like that, though you would obviously rather us use the UN for US security?!!!? On any level man, you're confusing the domestic policy power of the legislative branch with the foreign policy power of the executive.

6. Pressed_Rat

Give me a break!

The only reason Bush even got into Yale to begin with is because of his life of privilege. If you would read up on G.W.'s history, you would see everywhere and everything he has ever gotten in life is because of his family and their wealth and power.

Lastly, Bush graduated from Yale with a low C average. That's pathetic, considering he now holds the *perceived* highest rank in the US government.

You're getting conspiracy theories confused with reality, my friend.

Bush's foreign policy is to take over the middle-east. From there it will be the entire world. The only REAL security this country needs is on the homefront. Guarding our borders is the only effective means of defense against any terrorist threat, not taking an offensive role by invading countries that didn't attack us first. The US has gotten NOWHERE in Iraq, and this country will be bankrupt before we do get anywhere. We are doing nothing at the moment besides further enraging the Muslim world, which will only create a bigger terrorist threat for our country. The US is certainly not working to end terrorism, but add to it, as we have been doing for years.

They want to dupe us into thinking that invading countries will end terrorism. This is so fucking dumb, I don't see how anyone could fall for it. This war is about nothing more than money and power. You're blind if you can't see it.

DARK DAYS lie ahead, and it's scary if you can't see through the smoke screen.

7. kilted2000

kilted2000 Member

I would vote for Nader but I want Bush out. Kerry might not be much better but he is still better. I beg of all of you to vote Kerry in this election. In four years I will vote Nader but this is too important now. Don't think of it as voting for Kerry, think of it as a vote against Bush. Don't be Bushwacked in "04

8. Floyder

Floyder Member

I'm gonna check the poll numbers a couple days before the election. If it looks like Nader stands any chance then I'll vote for him. Otherwise I'll have to vote for Kerry. Even if hes only a marginal step up, its still a margin.

I didn't really support him till I looked at his website. It seems like every issue he stands for makes perfect sense. Just about every political viewpoint that I've held for the past 10 years he seemed to support too. I was amazed to see there were actually politicians like him who were getting at least a decent amount of support.

9. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

I am not certain that I am voting for Nader, or a Green Party member, I think Nader might have some more experience than a new green, even if Nader isn't on the Green platform. I'm voting for him because I'm voting for what I believe in. I'm not voing out of fear, but out of hope that something good really does exist in this country and that the people really do matter. Those who vote for Kerry over Nader only do so because they are afraid. I don't live my life in fear.

Razm, Bush could not have even gotten into Yale if it weren't for his family. Then while there he only managed to pull C's and it wouldn't suprise me if that were all bought and paid for as well. He is a puppet, because everyone knew that more people would vote for a Bush than someone they weren't so familiar with. It is just plain common sense. There are no conspiracy theories about that. Look at his track record before he stole the election. He couldn't even manage a freakin' baseball team, how can he run a country?

10. Mui

Mui Senior Member

its official, i think i need a break from the politics forum... man all these ignorant conservatives are driving me insane.

11. razm

razm Member

Bush’s position when born may have gotten him into Yale, but that has nothing to do with how smart he is. You can cry all you want about the Bush family being wealthier than you or I and therefore putting them in a different social position, but that’s what makes the world go ‘round, always has. The President may be a figure head, but that is the work of a politician. The president does have foreign policy power, he’s the one that makes the deals man. Through his cabinet (which is huge and which we pay for [​IMG]) he influences public policy with legislators, they make the deals for him, trading public praise and well, for lack of a better term favors. C average isn’t that great, but you’d have to be smart to get in public office really period on a federal level, maybe the occasional house member sneaking through the cracks.[/color]

You said that Wolfowitz, Cheney and Rumsfeld were running the country, that is a conspiracy and you said nothing to substantiate it in your second post. Bush is obviously not one to take the lead of another, that’s no conspiracy.

Another conspiracy theory…..Bush is a dictator with all the power in the world (or that he will have it shortly)……while at the same time you claim that he has no real power at all. Iraq was thought by the Intelligence agencies of the United States to have some type of WMD development program, as well as harbor and issue passports to terrorists. You’ve got a point about the money. George Bush is looking at the big picture, all terrorists need to be dealt with in order to ensure safety, the actions of an isolationist would not work out. The US has removed a brutal and oppressive dictator and is laying the foundations for democracy, that’s getting somewhere. Look Pressed_Rat, for years we have done nothing, now something is being done, will you never be pleased? Dark days? Check out that economy buddy, whew! it’s lookin good! Anyway, I would tend to be a little more optimistic in any situation, haven’t you ever seen Charlotte’s Web………chin up chin up…….haha I’m so high……