Why are self-confident women written off as bitches by most men?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by anonymousgurl21, May 24, 2006.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I'm saying that men only know the people around them they can't speak for an entire GENDER opposite of their own...and let me just say, if you're sitting here on the internet, the women around you probably are well off as well. Poor women, specifically poor minority women are the most descriminated against. As white middle class or lower-middle class men, which I know most of you in here ARE...because you're sitting here on computers...you cannot possibly speak for the majority of the female population.

BWAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA...math and science...also thought of as more "masculine" areas of study...philosophy is a great mind strengthen-er, which is part of what women's studies is. Women's studies also includes political science. We even dabble in scientific data and researching, history, etc...but, since you don't really know about women's studies, I don't expect you to realize that...or respect it.

Develop her mind to be like a machine? What about intellectual stimulation and using her imagination? What about getting EXCITED about something IMPORTANT in the world? Math, science, and engineering don't always satisfy a creative mind.

A man's world? Hmmmm...well, you admitted it right there. It is a man's world. Controlled and ruled almost completely by men. You have to KNOW where the problems lie and where they stem from in order to change these things. If we encourage our children to NOT think about these issues they will perpetuate. Nothing will change.

There is a problem out there, just because the women you know don't suffer from these discriminations doesn't mean they don't exist. Maybe talk to your female companions about it...see if they've ever encountered discrimination in some form. I bet they have...and they may not even realize it.

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I think self-confident women are written off as bitches much more by other women than they are by men in North America.

I don't know any sober men that have dismissed a self-confident woman, or that wasn't making a pass at a woman and didn't dissmissed her as a bitch.

I suppose most men will try to call a self-confident woman a bitch because the woman is out of their league, has done something that has indirectly upset them, or they personally have experienced some kind of distruptful exchange with the woman.

Having said that, most overly confident people aren't really bitches or assholes either. It generally takes a personal offense or threat of inferiority to call anyone a name. And even words expressed to hurt someone do not equal a believable truth coming from the person that said them.

3. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Football coaches in the media (see teenage movies) , seem to provoke their players by calling them "girls". Is that coming out of a notion perhaps that the man who says it thinks that he is inferior to women?

4. anonymousgurl21

anonymousgurl21 Member

i'd have to say I agree w/annie on this one.

jenny

5. ruski

ruski Senior Member

men who write confident and assertive women off as bitches are just scared little boys feeling threatened.

which is why i hate it when i see how much women are against each other. we should be united so we can crush those stupid double standards and show we are just as good as men in our jobs etc