why are butch girls so hot?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by rocknroll_girl, May 11, 2004.

1. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

Can someone please explain this to me? I am obsessed lately. I've always gone for the super-athlete types...as an athlete myself...but I am recently finding myself ready to copulate with a kitchen table every time I see any butch girl these days.

And if you'll allow me to explain the definition of butch, it has nothing to do with hair length. Just that aura.

Please take, for example, Christina Cox from "Better than Chocolate"

[​IMG]

ha

I'm in a silly mood tonight

2. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

that woman def has sex appeal in that pic...mmm:)

i dont think i would go for butch girls as such...i kinda like the j-lo/beyonce curvy thang. though my ex is kinda same build/weight/height as me and im slim an athletic so...

3. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

hehe on second looking, just realised why i likes the looksie of that there woman lol....she kinda looks similar to how my ex usedta look when i first started fancying 'him'.

4. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

hell yeah. i think butch is kinda sexy to a certain extent... not bull dyke.

but i think its the look in the eye that lesbians have that i like. that certain look... ;)

like marina and shane from The L Word... have that look. but i also like Dana and her girl. ah, im getting off track.

5. jungee

jungee Member

Butch fems are sexy, especially when they have the attitude to match

Lisa Marie Presley
    [​IMG]

Gina Gershon
    [​IMG]

MILF Jamie Lee Curtis
    [​IMG]

6. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

LOL! I want to see that!

7. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

Jamie Lee Curtis! And I thought I was the only one who thought she was sexy. damn.

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. there's an intensity to it, not breaking eye contact. delicious.

8. Patch

Patch Member

yeah...i definitely feel some type of aura from a "butch" girl...i don't know if it's like a confidence or what...but there is something very sexy about it...i'm am bigtime crushing on this "butch" girl right now...and i can't even explain why she is so hot...there is just something about her that makes me want her so badly.

9. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

mmmm, I agree, it's not any exact thing. It's very subtle. making it infuriating (if you have crush that is)

10. captain_my_captain

captain_my_captain Member

i definatly get what you mean eliza (this is flowerkid by the way) i personally love butch girls....ive got his huge crush on this girl and shes what id call 'butch' but then if i had to fall into a category then id be butch aswell....well i get on better with boys than girls and look like a boy and i think my attitude is more masculine....

flo xxxx

11. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

:D I'm a butch girl. Not quiet to the extent of a bull dog dyke. But I'm not fem thats for sure.
    Does this make me hot? Come on make me feel good lol

12. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    She's so absolutely gorgeous its not even funny. *sigh* Clea Du Vall is possibly one of the hottest girls ever.

13. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

quite hot. and she definitely has that look in the eye.

i'm not so butch myself.

i suppose i'm relatively butch - aggressive, assertive, "masculine" - in friendships (or arch nemesis battles!) with men. as a general rule, dykes tend to be fairly sturdy and sure of themselves as women. which is not, of course, to say that there are not kickass in-your-face straight girls and insecure, fragile lesbians. on the whole, however, gay women are usually not people to tangle with politically or intellectually.

so in that respect, when i blast team dresch and wear boys cargo shorts and play rough dirty sports and argue loudly in classes, i'm butch. as a girl who grew up wanting to be a boy because of athletic passions, i'm butch.

but as a lesbian, i soften. women soften me. all the girls i've fallen for have been much more aggressive than i am, much more stoic and confident. i want them to have a certain power over me emotionally. when i go out with girls, i become pretty damn femme.

i think the real issue here with butch-femme is that all assertive, strong traits are seen as MALE and all passive, weak traits are seen as FEMALE. truly, gender roles expand far beyond two neat columns. we all find ours sense of self relative to what our cultural interactions demand and how our inner feelings react.

if i am with dickhead football player A B or C, i'll be talking to him like the toughest bull-dyke you'll ever meet. if i am with kristin, i transform into someone vulnerable and gentle.

all identities are natural, and make one person.

any thoughts?

14. Patch

Patch Member

i definitely know what you are saying...according to your description i am also butch...i grew up wanting to be like a boy...my best friends are guys...i just relate to them in a best friend way i guess...but when it comes to girls i, like you said, soften. i'm there more emotionally and i guess i am more sweet with girls...more alert and caring.
    you are right that in the gender role world there is a black, white, and grey...a little from column a and a little from column b. but isn't that the point...there is no exact stereotype...no one is the epitomized female or male...we are who we are. wow...corny. um...anyways...i think that there is the basic framework definition of a lesbian...a woman who is attracted to/becomes romantically involved with women (only women...bi people don't jump down my throat)...and that is it...you can't define a behavior...although there is a trend...i don't know where this is going anymore...so yes...butch girls are hot...but it seems to be a consensus that there should be a bit of femme...besides...if they were 100% butch...it would be like dating a man...and...that isn't the point right?

15. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

yeah. as far as i understand the attraction to the extremely butch among us (and i do understand) - it's something along the lines of "christ, and you have breasts."

or something.

some element of surprise physically, but ultimately it's an emotional matter anyway.

16. oceanflower13

oceanflower13 Member

I think butch is diffrent for every girl. I am a tomboy, althogh you cant tell by looking at me. It is in your personalty and behavoir.I have long hair so the short hair does not mean you are butch.I love all hippie girls...

17. oceanflower13

oceanflower13 Member

Hi to all you hippie girls out there . This is naturehippie just wanted to say high..
    love and Peace

18. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

i'm not butch and i prefer femme girls so butch girls don't really do anything for me.

19. MyChem11

MyChem11 Member

My babe is not completely butch....but she is definitely the guy in the relationship. To me, she is just the sexiest thing ever!!!....besides Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil. haha. Anyway...
    My babe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Tyger Lily

Tyger Lily Member

*is a high (queer) femme*

mmm... butches are yummy. [​IMG]

Here's my boi (self-identifies as a tomboy/tomboi):

[​IMG]