Whole30 Challenge

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Sep 22, 2013.

1. roamy

roamy Senior Member

i eat healthy everyday. i'm just naturally that way. if i ever eat junk an odd time it makes me feel sick cos i'm not used to it.chocolate an biscuits an cakes an buns an icecream are fine though.not everyday of course though,that would'nt be healthy. but like if i eated savory fastfood or junk food like that ever i'd feel sick.cos my body used ta eating good healthy savory food.,so it don't agree with me,plus it tastes like shit anyway.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Too bad there isn't a food that helps people's grammar.

3. roamy

roamy Senior Member

too bad some people can't get laid.

4. Pressed_Rat

lololol...

Why does everyone assume I don't get laid?? I am actually getting laid these days.

Getting laid doesn't mean I am going to be less of an asshole to people I find annoying.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Do you actually find that you feel better eating on this 30 day plan? I'm skeptical of this kind of stuff--why not just eat reasonably well all of the time so you don't ever need to do something like this?

6. roamy

roamy Senior Member

why dose laid out cold suddenly spring ta mind.

7. Pressed_Rat

Thank you! That is exactly what came to my mind.

Eating healthy only some of the time doesn't work and only sets you up to fail.

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Arrrgghhhhh me mateys

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

talk like a pirate day was a few days ago

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Plus if you ate well all year you could feel good all of the time instead of for a few days.
    Anyhow, reading the website, it seems to me as though a lot of these forbidden foods are pretty natural--beans, soy, wheat, sugar. I can't imagine that these foods aren't a part of our evolutionary history. Perhaps they didn't exist in such abundance back then. Corn and soy are in EVERYTHING. And dairy, well...that does seem rather unnatural to me.

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

For some reason, whenever I read roamy's posts I hear a pirate.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

oh haha. that makes sense actually

13. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Just read about it on the site. They explain the reasons behind doing it.

14. Pressed_Rat

Corn and soy are bad mostly because over 90% of corn and soy crops grown in the US are GMO. Plus, soy is high in plant estrogens and contain a lot of toxins and anti-nutrients which should be avoided. The effects of sugar on the body are pretty well documented, and pasteurized dairy products are also notorious for their adverse effects on the body (inflammation, increased mucous production, etc.)

You are right that corn and soy are in everything -- everything that is processed, that is. Another good reason to avoid processed foods.

Not everything that is natural is necessarily good for you.

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Right--I've heard about a lot of what you said. The GMO thing is bothersome, you really never know what is a GMO and what isn't. A lot of smaller, organic operations are geographically close to big commercial farms that use roundup ready shit. Hard to keep those seeds from blowing around.

It's fucked up, to me, that something so inherently simple as food has to be made so complicated.

16. deviate

deviate Senior Member

What about breast milk?

If I have to give up dairy, I need some milk filled boobs in my house stat.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I did read the website. Really seems to work for some people, so I suppose they should go for it. I would try and use it as a stepping stone from typical American diet to sensible, as-nature-intended eating habits. Does it work for weight loss?

18. Pressed_Rat

Breast milk is essential for a healthy baby, IMO.

My bitch mother bottle-fed me, so I blame all my fuckups in life on that.

19. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

It wouldn't been pretty cool to have a thread about people who want to do a challenge, instead of pages of Rat's ranting. :rolleyes:

Such is life, I guess.

20. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

you can all give up these foods, GMO, dairy, wheet etc...whatever...just means more wholesome goodness to feed mah belly...so i thank you for depriving yourselves so i can enjoy my tasty foods