whole oc swallowing

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by burnabowl, Jan 21, 2009.

1. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

i've been wanting to switch my view of oc's from recreational to medicinal. I still think they're great socially but solo they don't hold much rec value. but I want to take them for pain relief. I swallowed a 10 and I responded weird to it. drowsiness, abdominal weirdness, in general it felt a lot dirtier than snorting. I didn't want to waste product so I blew the rest of the rx. I don't know if anyone knows, but does my body just need to get used to swallowing it before it will be cleaner and kill pain without mad side effects? has anyone gone from a recreational to a medicinal view of oxys and if so how did you adminster it? thanks for reading.

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

It has a higher bioavailability when taking it orally then snorting it. Also, it's time-released, so that explains why you had a different reaction.

Problem with going from recreational to medicinal, is that it's a fine line, and once you have a tolerance...it's going to take close to the amount you took for recreation even to get pain relief.

You shouldn't have weird side effects from swallowing it, though.

Also, a 10mg Oxycontin swallowed is really low of a dose, I wouldn't expect anything from that. It's about an 8 hour time release. So 10mg is releasing slowly over 8 hours. What does that end up per hour? Nothing at all really, that is my point. You are going to need much more of that if you are swallowing it with the time-release.

Now, if you crush it up and mix it with some water or a drink, you will have better results. Not only is the time-release gone, and you get it all at once, but since you are swallowing it, it will last longer, and it has a slightly higher bioavailability when taken orally.

3. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

cool. well I didn't have any tolerance at all when I swallowed it; hadn't oped up in 3 weeks. in general I use small amounts and even 5 mg snorted (no tolerance) is great. the reason I would prefer swallowing whole over swallowing crushed is because I want the pain relief without the awesome rush that makes me want more. I could swallow two 10's or three. I wonder if swallowing small chunks rather than a dissolved solution would release the drug a bit quicker but not so fast that I start fiending for more...thanks, feelings.

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

10mg of oxy probably would cure a cramp

5. Feelings Of U4ia

10mg of time-released Oxycontin over 8-12 hours wouldn't even cure a baby's sore gums.

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

the only cure for babies is the Falcon Punch

7. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

I violently second that statement

8. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

yall are just jealous of my low tolerance XD

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i suggest just sticking a whole OC up your nose.. don't crush it.. its a waste of time.. just stick it in your nose and let it work its magic

10. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

I might shove a whole one into my rectum. i've only put small powder capsules up there but a whole one might do what i'm after =)

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

crush and mix with milk for plugging.. for maximum absorption.. so i've read.. never plugged anything personally

12. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

HAHA
    That will do about as good as sticking a whole one up the nose..
    To get the same effect as snorting 5mg you need to swallow 2 10s that way you get about 8 to 10 mgs absorbed at once, then the rest over 6 to 8 hrs..
    You still living in Kirkland bud? What did ya think of the foot of snow last month?
    I loved it :D

13. Feelings Of U4ia

Never heard of mixing anything with milk to plug it...

:eek:

14. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

yeah I still live here but we're fixin to move to a proper house soon on the other side of PS. the snow was alright. I didn't like that I was snowed in and couldn't visit my home state for the holidays, but I always take frozen roads as an invitation to go openly smoke bowls as I walk.