Who wishes to no longer be a slave?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by crankyelbow, Jan 23, 2009.

1. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

That is an improper inference.

If thoughts do not make me angry, what sense does it make for you to draw the conclusion that actions make me angry? Perhaps nothing makes me angry? Perhaps everything but thoughts make me angry?

I do not get angry, I find frustration in my apparent inability to change a clearly corrupt world. All else is irrelevant.

2. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

yes, I felt prompted to post something meriting a real discussion after pages of things that just random, not thought...

This forum has become off topic... its amazing how much it changed since I first found what was then a shining ray of free thinking (yes I exaggerate :) )...

3. Xac

Xac Visitor

I did not infer that to be true, i asked you only, which answers all your questions, i'm sure.

well don't be frustrated, because there is everything that can be done in fixing your own corruption.

4. Xac

Xac Visitor

See i have to disagree there to, it's pages of thoughts that aren't random.

5. Xac

Xac Visitor

The self-righteousness of it makes me want to rebel against it, im sure if Face Eater is reading this he is thinking "there goes Xac acting all holy"

6. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

A peaceful world begins within :)

7. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

The agenda is to get the majority to oppose the ideals of this thread... and not even ask why.

Counter culture was at once against "the man" and all his hate/ignorance... but it seems the media has spun going "against the grain" into going against all that is peaceful and good... creating a vision of anarchy as a hellish set of ideals that represent the inner thoughts of satan himself. Its what they tried to convince the masses hippies were... today it seems those who wish not to follow societies norms are directed to be what the hippies weren't...

Hah... those who decide to oppose are directed... this system of control surely runs deep :)

8. Xac

Xac Visitor

Of course, because as much as everyone likes to point their fingers, it is more or less something inside each and every person that is the problem.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Actually, counterculture never really was against "the man," as you put it, at least not at the top. A lot of its followers believed they were going against the system, but all culture and popular movements come from the top-down and is promoted through music and media. It's always been this way.

I mean, if you go back to the 60s and look at several of the big countercultural figures of that period, several of them were admittedly working for the CIA -- in particular Timothy Leary and Gloria Steinem.

10. Xac

Xac Visitor

Dude this is what makes me find this self righteous crap, you tell me im going agaisnt the grain as some sort of brain washing as a part of the "Agenda" even though i've told you why. Loosley tieing the "agenda" in with your idea's of Anarachy, (heres the kicker) even though i agree with you completely, anarachy is what people make of it.

11. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

Very interesting info indeed.

Puts some things in perspective.

I do wonder what would have happened if the hippies were drug free... perhaps the time spent trippin would have been spent helping to form the world as they wished to form it... in which case that massive movement could have really accomplished some wholistic change.

Link to a great thread that is related:
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=346567

12. Xac

Xac Visitor

I'm going to leave this thread, i have nothing nice to say.:leaving:

13. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

What I say is irrelevant.

What you say is irrelevant.

All that is pertinent is the why behind our actions.

You said why, I read between the lines... whether my response pertains to you or not is irrelevant. What matters is why I said it :)

14. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

There is no good or bad, all things merely are what they are and as such prompt change.

15. Xac

Xac Visitor

Ok, but just to make things clear i think you're blowing smoke out your ass, making assumptions, and brainwashed yourself.

Good day sir.

16. Xac

Xac Visitor

Wrong again, things don't prompt change because they are what they are, they are what they are because of change blah blah blah.

Anyway, more importantly there is polite and impolite, even if it is merely a perception. (yeah i know where you're going)

17. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

If that be your wish

:cool:

18. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

I do agree with the premise of this thread, but you have a naive attitude.
    it's almost like you perceive the state of things to be some unfortunate accident, when in fact the world couldn't be other than it is. the society we live in is the logical result of human nature and collective behavior. anarchy is a lovely idea but it could never, ever work in practice. ultimately order would be enforced and mankind would end up like this all over again. just like currency and government in some form or another will always exist in any given human society, because it is in our nature.

this whole issue seems very obvious and trying to change it is a waste of your time. you'd be better off getting drunk and trying to get laid or something.

19. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Economic slavery is cheaper than actually owning a person.

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's the same thing.