Who Went Natural?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by porkymac420, Jun 1, 2015.

1. porkymac420

porkymac420 Members

who here really went natural and just let it go? just curious...i went natural myself twice and it doesnt seem like alot of you good folks went that way.

2. aFoolOnaHill

aFoolOnaHill Proper Villain

Well, everyone has a slightly different idea of what 'natural' means.

I didn't backcomb/twist and rip/crochet or anything like that. I did get a little tired of only having tangle in the back so I would rub the top of my head occasionally in a circular motion with the palm of my hand to get a little friction going up there.

Once things got started I did rip/seperate my locs for a while to avoid any massive tangles, but later on I wished I had let some of them be a little larger. I still do on occasion, but I have let a lot of them congo together.

3. porkman420

porkman420 Members

all natty over here...

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

All Natural Here, Started 61/2 Years Ago..... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  5. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Well this is kind of vague. It is my hair growing out of my head and not extensions so to that to me would make them "Natural". Some were back combed, some were twist and ripped, some formed behind elastics, and some were/are straight neglect. The straight neglect ones are the most recent.

To me most discussions about which dreads are "Real" or "Natural" are kind of asinine and ego driven. To me if it is your hair growing out of your scalp, not extensions they are "Real" and "Natural". If you disagree get over yourself.

C/S,
    Rev J

1 person likes this.
  6. porkman420

porkman420 Members

lol no...natural neglect is the way. if you want to call your twist and rip and backcombed dreads natural, most of them are not natural knots....so how is that natural???

7. Reverand JC

It's natural because it is my hair growing out of my head. It isn't artificial hair,it isn't extensions, thus it is natural. Even as the hair grows it is still developing knots. The ones I have are changing shape on their own accord. Does that mean that only the roots and parts closer to my scalp are natural?

C/S,
    Rev J

1 person likes this.
  8. porkman420

porkman420 Members

lol
    your locks are not natural. no matter how bad you want them to be :)

9. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Way to validate JC's "asinine and ego driven" comment.

1 person likes this.
  10. Reverand JC

By that very logic then the tips and roots of my dreads that are forming on their own are natural and the other parts of the dread aren't. Then I have some that didn't get back combed that must be natural compared to the rest of them. These comments seem to be made so that someone could feel better about themselves.

In his eyes they might not be but I get the same reactions for having them.

Nothing worse than "Dreadier than thou".

C/S,
    Rev J

1 person likes this.
  11. Really want to once my hair is long enough!!

2 people like this.
  12. fundoo

fundoo Members

something like this. I did t&r a few, but the rest are natural (or "natural"??). My hair took a looooong time to start dreading (6-7 months before anything really started to hold together)! I definitely got one completely neglect dread before that time though, but I did help most of the rest along either with my finger rubbing or wool rubbing. I still consider it neglect though.