Who watched "Cannibal Holocaust"?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Ladylocks, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Ladylocks

Ladylocks Banned

Was it any good? Having a hard time finding that movie.

2. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

god i wanna see this flick, its supposed to be fucking brutal.

a friend of mine has it im trying to get him to let me borrow it haha.

3. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Saw it in the theater last year at a midnight showing. It is definitely worth seeing if you like that type of movie.

4. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

very interesting movie
    if youve got a strong stomach

5. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

I have that on DVD. It's an excellent cannibal movie. Most of the controversy has to do with animals in the film. That sure doesn't bother me at all because I hunt...

6. easy_rider69

easy_rider69 Member

Ya its pretty brutal, and i cant stand the animal killings. I have it as well.

7. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

On my DVD you can watch two versions of it. The original uncut or animal cruelty-free version, which might be better for some people who are against that kind of thing

8. Jim

Jim Senior Member

I watched this recently and I agree... The actual animal killing is pretty tough to watch... the giant turtle scene is one that comes to mind.

Strong stomach indeed.

9. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

The cast and crew ate the animals. They had to eat and those animals were going to be killed anyways for food, but they filmed the killings to make it a part of the movie.
    They weren't killed to be cruel, the animals were food.

10. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Meh. I wasn't impressed with CH or Cannibal Ferox. Slasher movies starring bad Italian actors. Cannibal Holocaust was like The Blair Witch Project without all the snot and swearing.

The animal scenes are hard to watch though.

I also suspect Cannibal Ferox is where Ridley Scott got his idea for the Ray Liotta brain scene in Hannibal.

I never got the worship of these movies, we see just as gruesome stuff, if not moreso, these days onscreen.

11. psyche69

psyche69 Banned

Somebody told me a story about Cannibal Holocaust and I fill so terrible...i want to see this movie but unfortunately I have no time maybe in this weekend I have a time...I think this is a great movie...

DVD CORNER
    AMAZING TV SHOWS

12. WalkTheSky

WalkTheSky Member

Cannibal movies were entertaining. The thing about Cannibal Holocaust was that it was an underground movie that actually made $2 million worldwide when it was released, which was just really damn incredible for a cheap Italian exploitation film.
    Riz Ortolani's score for Cannibal Holocaust is amazing. The main theme is just so beautiful.